P500 Honda P500 Quality Control Issues

420Rancher

Jun 29, 2019
Innisfil
couldn't be an easier fix, just point the front wheels straight ahead, pop the steering wheel center cap off, take a 19 mm socket and ratchet and remove the nut, pull steering wheel off splined shaft, reinstall in the 12 o'clock position, double check to make sure wheels are still straight ahead, put the nut back on and torque it down to around 36 ft. lbs. and done.
I've done more of them than I can count. It's hard to believe a dealer wouldn't be willing to take about 1 min. and fix it for no charge. The door latch and this should have been addressed while being set up.

Yup dealer charges for prep, its not Honda, its the dealer that should suck it up. I would use another dealer if you can but take the time to let the original dealer know.
Probably never even called Honda.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: rtn001
H

HondaTech

Bought a 2018 P500 last August so still in warranty. Got it home and noticed steering wheel was at 2 O’Clock position when vehicle tracks straight. Decided I would have it addressed when I took it in for first service. Dealer where I purchased wanted to charge me for the work. I said no, this was a warranty issue. They contacted Honda for authorization and said Honda refused authorization and said a crooked steering wheel is not a warranty issue. Same answer for a stubborn door latch. These problems should not have made it out of the factory, and Dealer prep should have caught it also. Dealer where I live in Trussville was not helpful at all, and have seen the last of me. I guess I will try to fix it myself. Any suggestions/posts on how to do it would be appreciated.

If your Dealer is that tight assed that they wont adjust a crooked steering wheel, then I'd never go back to them again.

They didnt call Honda, I'd guarantee it. Any Honda rep worth their salt would've just told them to fix it. Should've never made it past the set-up guy or the PDI guys either. But sounds like your dealer is subpar at either, at best.

Man I hate stupid lazy ass dealerships.

H

HondaTech

After installing a power steering kit, my wheel was not straight. It took me less than 3 minutes to correct it. I am amazed that a dealer would risk his reputation for such an insignificant adjustment.

Probably a multi line dealer that doesnt care about reputation as long as they can sell pieces of junk RZRs to every idiot walking through the door.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!