Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
How many miles y'all getting on a set of pads?
Thanks for another great do it yourself resource.
I got less than 800.
But I'm all the time taking the kids fast in a short field with fast stops. So that's extra wear on them.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great resource. Thanks guys.

Reactions: PioneerPete
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Thank you for the write up I will be changing mine tomorrow morning. I bought my brake pads off Amazon from a company called race-driven all 8 pads $74.99. I will update once it's done if they work and are noisy. Once you mounted the calipers back did you pump the pedal and bleed any fluid off like doing brakes on a car or just pump the pedal until it's firm?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for the write up I will be changing mine tomorrow morning. I bought my brake pads off Amazon from a company called race-driven all 8 pads $74.99. I will update once it's done if they work and are noisy. Once you mounted the calipers back did you pump the pedal and bleed any fluid off like doing brakes on a car or just pump the pedal until it's firm?
As long as you didnt crack a line open, there shouldnt be any air in there at all. When you press pistons back in calipers, fluid level will rise in your master. Then when you pump pedal yo seat pads, fluid level should return to where it was.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
As long as you didnt crack a line open, there shouldnt be any air in there at all. When you press pistons back in calipers, fluid level will rise in your master. Then when you pump pedal yo seat pads, fluid level should return to where it was.

Thank you for the reply I have the squeal tab on drivers side front and rear screeching that sound is like nails on a chalk board for me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!