Honda pioneer 1000 sluggish on full throttle from stop

J

jduenne

Mar 23, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2019 Honda pioneer 1000. When I’m at a dead stop and put throttle to wide open it will start moving then rpms drop down then slowly revs up and when it get above 2500 rpms it takes off. I have changed gas, air filters, and spark plugs. There is no codes in it. I have a pv3 and a tune. I tried with and without tune. It only has 1058 miles on it. I tried pressing brake and gas at same time and sometimes it will just die.

Reactions: TxDoc
JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2019 Honda pioneer 1000. When I’m at a dead stop and put throttle to wide open it will start moving then rpms drop down then slowly revs up and when it get above 2500 rpms it takes off. I have changed gas, air filters, and spark plugs. There is no codes in it. I have a pv3 and a tune. I tried with and without tune. It only has 1058 miles on it. I tried pressing brake and gas at same time and sometimes it will just die.
Sounds like it could be some clutching? How many miles are on this bad boy? I would try a clutch relearn procedure at this point. Can’t hurt. I made a short video if you don’t know how.

Let us know if it works and good luck!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!