Pioneer 1000-5 won’t pull

K

Koriyounts

Apr 16, 2024
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Honda pioneer 1000-5. It is on portals and big tires. And pulled fine until it didn’t. It cut off under water one day. We pulled it out made sure there was no water in it anywhere and it cranked up but would not move at all. I replaced the shift motor. Every now and then I can crank it up and move it but not very far before it quits again. When it will move it doesn’t act like it’s slipping. It just randomly decides when it wants to move or not. Need some help..

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a Honda pioneer 1000-5. It is on portals and big tires. And pulled fine until it didn’t. It cut off under water one day. We pulled it out made sure there was no water in it anywhere and it cranked up but would not move at all. I replaced the shift motor. Every now and then I can crank it up and move it but not very far before it quits again. When it will move it doesn’t act like it’s slipping. It just randomly decides when it wants to move or not. Need some help..
First, welcome to the club from South Florida 🤘 post some pics of your buggy when you get a sec.

What do you mean you made sure there was no water anywhere.......fuel tank, front and rear diffs, engine/trans, sub trans.......all several fluid changes?? That's what I'd do if it died while under water. Have you tried to do the clutch relearn?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Try selecting Manual mode then use paddle shifter to put it in 2nd gear and see if it moves.

If it does, you likely burned up the starter clutch pack that regulates gears 1,3, 5, & Reverse.

K

Koriyounts

Apr 16, 2024
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First, welcome to the club from South Florida 🤘 post some pics of your buggy when you get a sec.

What do you mean you made sure there was no water anywhere.......fuel tank, front and rear diffs, engine/trans, sub trans.......all several fluid changes?? That's what I'd do if it died while under water. Have you tried to do the clutch relearn?
I tried the clutch relearn. If it’s on and running. It will show going from 1st to 2nd on the dash with me not doing anything. Is there maybe a sensor or something that could be bad?

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I tried the clutch relearn. If it’s on and running. It will show going from 1st to 2nd on the dash with me not doing anything. Is there maybe a sensor or something that could be bad?
Refer to post #3
Also, since you swamped it, change all ypur fluids. Also, Is the rig snorkeled?
What year is the rig?
Miles?
That's one of many reasons why we ask for pics.
Water ingestion is the worst thing your rig can get.
It cut off under water one day

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say you smoked the clutches.Jack it up on stands put it in high and see if it shifts.I dont know if it needs to see the fronts moving to shift???

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
yes - there are sensors for speed, pressure, temp, etc.

you do have a service manual?

I would start reading the manual and operation of the clutch, pressures needed, etc.... - its hard to troubleshoot without some hard data over the internet...

Reactions: ChadD and JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!