Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@CptOvo Nice Video! Thanks for sharing.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Hi

I thought I would share my first tip out with my new Pioneer 500.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Thanks

Ovo
nicely done thanks

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi

I thought I would share my first tip out with my new Pioneer 500.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Thanks

Ovo

Very nice! Are you from Alberta?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I saw you had a review on one of the Badlands packs. I have been using their packs about 3 years they're really great, top noch company. I have the new superday in Lost camo now (I won it on one of their giveways on facebook) Had a few others before. If you haven't tried any of their camo clothes you should it's really nice too. I have 4 camo campanies i really like and only buy. Badlands, Sitka, Kuiu, First Lite. I only buy used on ebay tho. They all are just too much new. Hunting and fishing, camping gear is about the only thing i buy at higher prices. I am just a firm beliver in having great gear... off topic yea i know..

Last edited:
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
nice editing,you must be half polar bear for swimming across that pond! Or Canadian.

CptOvo

CptOvo

Sep 20, 2015
Canada, Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
I saw you had a review on one of the Badlands packs. I have been using their packs about 3 years they're really great, top noch company. I have the new superday in Lost camo now (I won it on one of their giveways on facebook) Had a few others before. If you haven't tried any of their camo clothes you should it's really nice too. I have 4 camo campanies i really like and only buy. Badlands, Sitka, Kuiu, First Lite. I only buy used on ebay tho. They all are just too much new. Hunting and fishing, camping gear is about the only thing i buy at higher prices. I am just a firm beliver in having great gear... off topic yea i know..

Badlands packs are some of the best. Amazing build quality and warranty.

But I must admit the Ribz front pack is very good for quadding. I wear it all the time now but the quality is nowhere near the badlands.

Thanks

Ovo

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup - Just north of Edmonton :)

Ovo

Awesome, I go to Calgary few times per year. May be we should organize SxS retreat or come to Montana .

Hey, one more thing, I saw your vid about chainsaw :), I've told my girlfriend if she wants to be my wife this is the first present for my BD this year. :)
What size blade did you use ? 12 or 14" or 16" ?

advertisement
CptOvo

CptOvo

Sep 20, 2015
Canada, Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
Awesome, I go to Calgary few times per year. May be we should organize SxS retreat or come to Montana .

Hey, one more thing, I saw your vid about chainsaw :), I've told my girlfriend if she wants to be my wife this is the first present for my BD this year. :)
What size blade did you use ? 12 or 14" or 16" ?

Hahahaha thats too funny :) The bar is a 14" - stock was a 16". You can go down to a 12" if you want.

Ya, I wonder is there is a Honda rally sometime next year? Would be a great place to meet other members.

Thanks

Ovo

Reactions: solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hahahaha thats too funny :) The bar is a 14" - stock was a 16". You can go down to a 12" if you want.

Ya, I wonder is there is a Honda rally sometime next year? Would be a great place to meet other members.

Thanks

Ovo

I've never owned a CS , would you do 12" or 14" for trail riding?

As a stress therapy (after epic fail with SSS OFFROAD skid plate buying experience) once I have your advice I would place an order and be a happy dude :)

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Get that stihl 192 or a echo CS-355T both really really good. Two of the Best IMO on the top handle saws.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get that stihl 192 or a echo CS-355T both really really good. Two of the Best IMO on the top handle saws.

ok , 12" or 14". It's not like I want to have concealed and carry chainsaw :), but something most practical length.

Last edited:
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would go with a 14".

Any thoughts on safety top vs rear handle? Started to read some forums and many writes against top handle chainsaw.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Well a top handle is more for arborist. I use them cutting out tops of trees and limbing. Top handle is a lot lighter and easier to tie onto climbing gear. Its a smaller package. It's just whatever you are going to use it for. A top handle works well for bucking and cutting too. I've used both to do all kinds of cutting. If you want one for just cutting up trees that fell and firewood a rear will be fine. A rear handle will probably be more comfortable to you.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well a top handle is more for arborist. I use them cutting out tops of trees and limbing. Top handle is a lot lighter and easier to tie onto climbing gear. It's just whatever you are going to use it for. A top handle works well for bucking and cutting too. I've used both to do all kinds of cutting. If you want one for just cutting up trees that fell and firewood a rear will be fine. A rear handle will probably be more comfortable to you.

something that I cat take on trail ride in mine P500. Compact and good quality, to clean trail

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!