honda plow/warn

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
much to my surprise the Honda plow will raze so high it will take the grill out. luckily I noticed this be for it happened and have made a pulley system that stops this this from happening. (still a work in progress).the plow will also do this pushing back bank so if you have one or are ordering one be careful.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
spifyd said:
much to my surprise the Honda plow will raze so high it will take the grill out. luckily I noticed this be for it happened and have made a pulley system that stops this this from happening. (still a work in progress).the plow will also do this pushing back bank so if you have one or are ordering one be careful.
Would like to see Pictures of the Honda plow if you get time.
Pushing back bank? Do you meant like when pushing up a bank of snow it will raise up and take the grill out? That would be a issue. Need some type of bump stop.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
Yep That Would Defiantly Suck.

* Sorry About The Caps.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
spifyd said:

Almost happened to me as well. I would be really curious as to what you did to create a mechanical stop limit? I'm a afraid I'm going to forget one time and take the grill and / or ding up the top of the front bumper. I've found a few things with the Honda / Warn plow set-up that looks as it they rushed it too quickly. The Install of the Mount was one PITA - instructions didn't motioned the need to drill holes. The Warn push tube instructions were even worse. Hopefully, Honda/ Warn will address these issues in the future.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Would it be possile to put an extention on the cable of the winch, so when its all the way in, it stops, but the plow isn't up too high?

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Jerry3 said:
Would it be possile to put an extention on the cable of the winch, so when its all the way in, it stops, but the plow isn't up too high?

That's a Great idea! Thanks!

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
it should snow tonight if it does I will take some pics. the arm I made kind of works it still needs more work.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
Jerry3 said:

That's what I did to stop it from lifting to high but you still have to be careful pushing back banks it can still come up.
On the brighter side it goes high enough to go trail riding. I sent an email to Warn last night to let them know. It will be interesting to see if they reply.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
Mods to plow.
I made a nut pate to make it easier to remove and install the mount.
I filled I. The ends to stop over lifting. replaced wimpy pivot pins with 1/2 inch pins.made roller doe lift stap

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389573690657.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389573690657.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 539
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389573744475.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389573744475.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 537
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389573794411.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389573794411.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 535
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389573813313.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389573813313.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 539
advertisement
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
It was but the end up beating up the winch .
Now the frame bracket stops it from going to high . I had to fill in the gap to make that happen. The yellow bully is a ball roller that lets the strap run through so doesn't wear it out I'm using a winch cable from a boat 12 bucks at Walmart steel cable don't last

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok.
Ya, I see you added the stops to the plate also. That will help stop it from going up higher then expected.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
spifyd said:
Mods to plow.
I made a nut pate to make it easier to remove and install the mount.
I filled I. The ends to stop over lifting. replaced wimpy pivot pins with 1/2 inch pins.made roller doe lift stap

Very Nice! I still have one mounting plate nut I couldn't get fully tight due to not being able to get a socket or wrench on it properly (not much clearance or access under the front differential. I shutter at the idea of having to remove this mount - a real PITA. The concept of the nut mounting plate is a great idea!

I'm curious, did you place the plow mounting plate on top of the front underbelly skid plate or underneath it?

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
the front bumper plate is between the frame and the plow frame. nut plate sits on top off frame lip even while the plow frame is off. no top wrench. o and buy the way I though the alen head bolts in the trash. we all know those would not come out 3 years from now.
I am hopping I can leave. it on all year it will make a good bash plate.

Becht313

Becht313

Dec 31, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4
the front bumper plate is between the frame and the plow frame. nut plate sits on top off frame lip even while the plow frame is off. no top wrench. o and buy the way I though the alen head bolts in the trash. we all know those would not come out 3 years from now.
I am hopping I can leave. it on all year it will make a good bash plate.

Just took the plow (from spifyd) out on the 17 700-4 deluxe. Man... I'm glad I know this guy! He worked all of the bugs out of that plow setup. Beast. Pretty sure I just kicked winters ass...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: allgm1 and joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!