futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I like my Echo PAS-2620 power head and attachments.
Won out over the Stihl stuff.
Love my Stihl MS 260 though. Damn reliable saw...

Not ready or willing for electric power sports.
So far my only battery electric is hand tools.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
When the solid-state battery is way less costly, we should see an eclectic sport SxS in 5 to 10 years. For next year we may see the Pioneer 500 with the removeable batteries. It may be ok in a warehouse, nursery, and for hunters going a short distance. These pictures were on the site a few years ago. I would think the batteries are much improved now. The tire pressure is probably around 30 PSI to increase the mileage. I would think it has two more batteries on the other side. About the only way it would sell is a low price close to the Pioneer 500 and it might be more like the Pioneer 520. I have been retired from Honda for over 28 years now so no telling what has happened now. The sport model Talon should always be available in Honda Red so there must be some woke idiot making some unfortunate decisions.

Elec pio battery
Elec pio front
Elec pio rear
Elec pio side
Honda power 620x647

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
When the solid-state battery is way less costly, we should see an eclectic sport SxS in 5 to 10 years. For next year we may see the Pioneer 500 with the removeable batteries. It may be ok in a warehouse, nursery, and for hunters going a short distance. These pictures were on the site a few years ago. I would think the batteries are much improved now. The tire pressure is probably around 30 PSI to increase the mileage. I would think it has two more batteries on the other side. About the only way it would sell is a low price close to the Pioneer 500 and it might be more like the Pioneer 520. I have been retired from Honda for over 28 years now so no telling what has happened now. The sport model Talon should always be available in Honda Red so there must be some woke idiot making some unfortunate decisions.

View attachment 440504View attachment 440505View attachment 440506View attachment 440507View attachment 440508
That would look good with a golf bag rack on the back. Id buy it for my next golf cart nothing else. Them tires would pass muster on the corse as well.

You smellers need to come her to the motor city and talk to the engineers that are forced to design this $hit at least in the auto industry. I see and talk to many that are my customers.
You would be blown away at there thoughts on this crap they dont like it the quality of it aint good. Its all ordered from the top and government timelines and they give 0 Fucs what we think. The engineers/designers dont like it at all! ALOT of the older guys retired as soon as they had there time in cuz of the BS being shoved down their throat and forced to desigin many told me..”I dont want my stamp on that crap”

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can’t even buy Stihl electric! The only “electric” outdoor tool we have here is a Milwaukee blower and it’s hers! For the deck, porch, and garage for HER!

With crabgrass season in full swing an electric weedeater will only make the handler mad! I’ve got the high CC combi motor for my weedeater and it’s fantastic, NO WAY electric could do what I need it to do right now.

Edit: I don’t have crabgrass. It’s my lawn customers that do!
My crabgrass is greener than my neighbors meticulously trimmed grass. Gas or Electric, lawns are overrated. Plus my yard is teeming with insects and wildlife.
I have an electric blower that works fantastic and is extremely quiet, but I also have a 10 horse little wonder gas blower that is a real beast(hearing protection needed) that is used for leaves and snow. Gas and electric both have their pros and cons, I use em both. People poopooed the cordless drill when they first started coming out but look now and Everybody has one or more and even brags about how badass they are.

Reactions: ChadD
advertisement
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
You guys might be missing the point.
If there was an E-Talon (or RZR or...) the battery would be too heavy to off road or it wouldn't have the range to get out of the parking lot.
Besides, if the powersports OEM where being forced to make such a disaster how would you get it to the trail head?
Just how far do you think an E-pickup truck is going to tow a 40' toy hauler?
Could you imagine your toy hauler hitched to a cyber truck? That would be fricken ugly.

I'm sure there will be powersports in the EV promised land, but I do not think you will recognize it.
Have you seen the motocompacto?
Looks to me a company searching for what comes next.
Any future for e-powersports will target urban and young buyers.
There is no way anyone is going to turn a buck selling ride on tosters to you lot.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Truth is...they are going to sell, and sell pretty well. Not right now, but its going to catch on.

For agriculture and industry...it just makes sense. SxS's are toys for us, but in the grand scheme we are a tiny little niche part of the UTV world. The utility centered machines are the vast majority of the ones sold. They're everywhere when you think about it. Every high school athletic department and grounds crew, the local police and fire/rescue guys, city and state road crews, every farm, every power plant, every large property owner, landscaping company, grounds maintenance crew, and pretty much every single decent sized factory and manufacturing facility out there. They're everywhere. And these guys are going to catch on to the idea that they guys can come into work, unplug it, work it all day, and plug it back in before they leave...with very little maintenance because they aren't going full send up dragon's back or Cadillac Hill.

Dino juice ain't going anywhere, and EV's don't really have a place in the "sport" world. The technology isn't there yet.

These ain't marketed and designed for the @Adam490 beer drinking, @JenElio ball scratching, @TripleB looking, full senders.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Truth is...they are going to sell, and sell pretty well. Not right now, but its going to catch on.

For agriculture and industry...it just makes sense. SxS's are toys for us, but in the grand scheme we are a tiny little niche part of the UTV world. The utility centered machines are the vast majority of the ones sold. They're everywhere when you think about it. Every high school athletic department and grounds crew, the local police and fire/rescue guys, city and state road crews, every farm, every power plant, every large property owner, landscaping company, grounds maintenance crew, and pretty much every single decent sized factory and manufacturing facility out there. They're everywhere. And these guys are going to catch on to the idea that they guys can come into work, unplug it, work it all day, and plug it back in before they leave...with very little maintenance because they aren't going full send up dragon's back or Cadillac Hill.

Dino juice ain't going anywhere, and EV's don't really have a place in the "sport" world. The technology isn't there yet.

These ain't marketed and designed for the @Adam490 beer drinking, @JenElio ball scratching, @TripleB looking, full senders.

Watch the handicap scooters at Walmart. Poor old people make it to the back of store and scooter dies. To many short charges ruin battery life. Also what's the longevity of battery 🤷‍♂️. Most car batteries only last 5 yrs or so and they aren't full time use. I don't see them cost effective enough to really catch on. Especially in colder climates like @906UP 's house 😉🤦‍♂️🤣

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a few friends that years ago bought what I think was called Bad Boy electric hunting carts. They went bankrupt.

It had a lift, racks, lights and torque. It would climb a vertical concrete wall and back down.

But, it had no speed and was only used to go from the cabin or trailer to the deer stand and back.

No one, apparently inquired about how long the battery life was on the multiple batteries was, nor the replacement cost. I may be wrong, but they were possibly 24 or 36 volt batteries. But, that may be incorrect, I just can't remember.

Well, the batteries were maintained as they were required, but several didn't last two years. And the dealer said, if one needed replacement, it was really suggested to replace all.

Again, I don't remember the cost, as this was years ago, but it was exorbitantly expensive and these guys didn't like the cost. They believed in buy once, cry once... Not keep buying and crying.

They all moved on to Honda ATVs and SxSs.

I'm sure battery technology will keep improving in weight, like lithium ion, and longevity and power. But, for going all day and night and winching and lights and radios and sound systems and navigation aids..... That's gonna be a while. I guess the big upgrades will be super solar cell charging or scavenging off breaking to charge like in Formula 1, or have propellers on the roof like a RAT, a RAM Air Turbine, on a jet to use air flow to make emergency electricity and run limited hydraulics.

I love my Pioneer 1000-5

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk
3625f5433572ee61771ed6c2c3f02a44

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520

Yeah, they’re going to catch on….they’re going to catch on fire, literally!

Mike

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Talon will be an EV in the distant future. The young guys may see it become available and buy an extra gas Talon a year or two before they are banned in the future. The automotive companies have lost billions and will be slowing down EV production. I drove the Honda Civic EV 30 years ago. It had 1000 pounds of golf cart batteries and would go 70 miles on a charge. It drove great. It is hard to tell how much EV improvement the young guys will see in 50 years. I'm really having a great time driving my Talons. The EV motorcycles suck. I just hate the noise, but the young guys may be ok with it.

advertisement