H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
People that can afford a $60,000 to $100,000 EV should not get a tax credit and should have to pay a road maintenance fee. Most already have one or two gas cars. It sucks for us poor taxpayers to see our money given to the rich.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The 2024 Honda Prologue exists as the only EV in Honda's U.S. showrooms, however, its SUV classification should make it appealing. The Prologue features front- or all-wheel-drive powertrains, with the latter providing 288 horsepower. While that doesn't provide the typical punchy acceleration that many EVs are known for, the Prologue does have solid EPA-range estimates of between 273 and 296 miles. The front-drive model starts at $48,795, and the AWD version opens at $56,095, but both of those prices can be reduced by $7500 after the available federal incentive.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
People that can afford a $60,000 to $100,000 EV should not get a tax credit and should have to pay a road maintenance fee. Most already have one or two gas cars. It sucks for us poor taxpayers to see our money given to the rich.
Uhhhh….annual registration are higher for hybrids and higher again for EV’s than ICE’s in many states. Your point here isn’t lost on me however. I don’t think any of it should be tax subsidized.

I just recently got my new stickers for my 4 plates…
ICE 2012 Toyota Sienna was $50-ish
ICE 1996 F350 was $100-ish
Hybrid 2023 Toyota Sienna was $150-ish
5’x8’ single axle trailer weighing in at 700-ish pounds was $40-ish

States are trying to figure out how to change the fuel tax from a per gallon rate paid at the pump to a use tax rate on a per mile basis. OTR trucking companies calculate and pay fuel taxes this way through a program called IFTA since like the 80’s I believe.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Hey!!!!!!.......🤔 I guess @TripleB ain't the only one looking eh? 🤨😬😂😂😂
Darn tootin!! This magnificent stallion PROUDLY supports the beer drinking, ball scratching, staggeringly handsome full senders!! Nomo...

Last edited:
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I gotta say though, that new Ranger Kinetic is pretty awesome. Its not a golf cart. If you put it in 2wd H and stomp the pedal.....its pulling the front tires off the ground immediately. FULL power to the ground.

It may not last long and go up in flames at some point, but its fun, and terrifying...and you may have to reupholster the seat if you accidentally do it. Nobody warned me!
:oops:
🤣

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The 2024 Honda Prologue exists as the only EV in Honda's U.S. showrooms, however, its SUV classification should make it appealing. The Prologue features front- or all-wheel-drive powertrains, with the latter providing 288 horsepower. While that doesn't provide the typical punchy acceleration that many EVs are known for, the Prologue does have solid EPA-range estimates of between 273 and 296 miles. The front-drive model starts at $48,795, and the AWD version opens at $56,095, but both of those prices can be reduced by $7500 after the available federal incentive.

Problem with the Prologue is GM stuck their dick in it and it's probably garbage.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I gotta say though, that new Ranger Kinetic is pretty awesome. Its not a golf cart. If you put it in 2wd H and stomp the pedal.....its pulling the front tires off the ground immediately. FULL power to the ground.

It may not last long and go up in flames at some point, but its fun, and terrifying...and you may have to reupholster the seat if you accidentally do it. Nobody warned me!
:oops:
🤣

We had a customer years ago whose Ranger burnt down and Polaris paid him off with a Ranger EV.

He hated that pile, wouldn't climb any grade due to the low friction tires and when he put more aggressive tires on it, the damm thing wouldn't turn them.

advertisement
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Chevy battery is pretty good, and the Ranger EV is good too. EV's will get better in a few years but most of us seniors probably won't want one. The problem now is the solid-state batteries cost too much to produce. I think the big Ford and Chevy have a $50,000 dollar battery and they suck if you tow a big RV. I really like my E-bikes and ride nearly every day to stay in shape. I pedal enough to get over 100 miles on a charge.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
We had a customer years ago whose Ranger burnt down and Polaris paid him off with a Ranger EV.

He hated that pile, wouldn't climb any grade due to the low friction tires and when he put more aggressive tires on it, the damm thing wouldn't turn them.
These new Kinetic models are a TOTALLY different animal. Those earlier Popo EV's were about useless for anything besides putting around. Basically a golf cart. Pretty sure it was just a green tax write-off for Polaris. John Deere did the same thing with their EV's. Basically a worthless golf cart used as a tax write-off.

Depending on the option, I think you may only get 50 to 80 miles on a charge, but the Kinetic has all the power you handle. Its impressive.

The only thing I really don't like about them is they have this awful whining noise that gets louder with speed. Its like nails on a chalkboard over 50. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a "quiet" EV.

Last edited:
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
These new Kinetic models are a TOTALLY different animal. Those earlier Popo EV's were about useless for anything besides putting around. Basically a golf cart. Pretty sure it was just a green tax write-off for Polaris. John Deere did the same thing with their EV's. Basically a worthless golf cart used as a tax write-off.

Depending on the option, I think you may only get 50 to 80 miles on a charge, but the Kinetic has all the power you handle. Its impressive.

The only thing I really don't like about them is they have this awful whining noise that gets louder with speed. Its like nails on a chalkboard over 50. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a "quiet" EV.
Anything Polaris is useless to me

Lipstick on a pig

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Party pooper!

I can't discriminate. I definitely have my favorites, but they're like boobies...once you've seen one you kinda want to see them all.
They're amazing, yet there are some I prefer not seeing. Large, saggy with stretch marks and a mole with several long hairs protruding from within. I fear a look at less than desirables may be like seeing Medusa. I realize you Hoosier Boys seldom leave the farm, but maybe if you got out, hopefully your perspective might change. When the pages of your magazine start sticking together, this often leads to blindness

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
They're amazing, yet there are some I prefer not seeing. Large, saggy with stretch marks and a mole with several long hairs protruding from within. I fear a look at less than desirables may be like seeing Medusa......
🤨 Da phuck kinda SXS's you looking at scrappy?!?!?........😂😂😂