P1000 Honda Protection Plan

D

DRB

Oct 28, 2015

1. does anyone have any information on additional warranty coverage for the 1000? I have heard about a Honda Protection Plan for about $650, but my dealer discourages it because they sell one thru a private contractor that supposedly covers more than Honda's (3 yrs. from date do purchase) with a $25 deductible costing around $1,500. I bought this one on my Rzr and it did pay off. I appreciate any info on what the Honda plan covers.

M

meatman

Sep 24, 2015

1. does anyone have any information on additional warranty coverage for the 1000? I have heard about a Honda Protection Plan for about $650, but my dealer discourages it because they sell one thru a private contractor that supposedly covers more than Honda's (3 yrs. from date do purchase) with a $25 deductible costing around $1,500. I bought this one on my Rzr and it did pay off. I appreciate any info on what the Honda plan covers.

That's crazy! The Honda plan covers all parts and labor with no deductibles for 3 extra years. I paid $599 yesterday. My friend owns my dealer and they said it far exceeded the 3rd party one you use for POLARIS.

Reactions: Hondasxs
D

DRB

Oct 28, 2015
That's crazy! The Honda plan covers all parts and labor with no deductibles for 3 extra years. I paid $599 yesterday. My friend owns my dealer and they said it far exceeded the 3rd party one you use for POLARIS.
They also want to sell me a maintenance plan for $1,500 that covers all the service work for three years. It basically includes three valve adjustments and nine oil changes. They said I would get my money's worth in just the valve adjustments. Three of the oil changes include other fluid changes too. Thoughts?

WyomingRancher

WyomingRancher

Nov 6, 2015
A few years back I bought a third party warranty plan on a can am commander 1000 and it was a huge mistake. Not only was it way more expensive but when I had the stabilizer bar in the back break it wasn't covered. I was at another dealership and was told if I'd had the makers warranty it would have been covered. Never again will I purchase a third party warranty. Be sure and check what it covers. Good luck

S

SeanKirk77

Oct 21, 2015
Was offered the same maintenance plan for $1500 and asked about it on these forums. Everyone said it was a ripoff

D

DRB

Oct 28, 2015
A few years back I bought a third party warranty plan on a can am commander 1000 and it was a huge mistake. Not only was it way more expensive but when I had the stabilizer bar in the back break it wasn't covered. I was at another dealership and was told if I'd had the makers warranty it would have been covered. Never again will I purchase a third party warranty. Be sure and check what it covers. Good luck
Thanks for the heads up.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'll sell some moon rocks for $1500, sounds like the only thing that they are offering is a chance to line their coffers with $3000 from anyone who isn't confident in their machine with an extended warranty+ maintenance plan. You would have to put 5K a year on your Pioneer 1000 to be close on the maintenance plan. I say run as fast as you can from the snake oil salesman.

M

meatman

Sep 24, 2015
They also want to sell me a maintenance plan for $1,500 that covers all the service work for three years. It basically includes three valve adjustments and nine oil changes. They said I would get my money's worth in just the valve adjustments. Three of the oil changes include other fluid changes too. Thoughts?
That's also a scam, there's no way you can make that maintenance plan pay, look in the owners manual and look at the frequency at which you should change your oil, I know one is 2400 miles and one is 3600 miles I'm not sure which one was for the tranny in which one was for the engine but either way, you're not going to get nine oil changes in three years even if it was a car. I'm not sure if I trust this dealership if they're trying to sell you s*** like that!

D

DRB

Oct 28, 2015
That's also a scam, there's no way you can make that maintenance plan pay, look in the owners manual and look at the frequency at which you should change your oil, I know one is 2400 miles and one is 3600 miles I'm not sure which one was for the tranny in which one was for the engine but either way, you're not going to get nine oil changes in three years even if it was a car. I'm not sure if I trust this dealership if they're trying to sell you s*** like that!
Yes, that's what I think, too. Someone posted a copy of the maintenance schedule and I came to the same conclusion. These machines are coming in so slowly at all the dealerships. I have the first camouflage one they're getting at this dealership reserved, so I am going to buy it and have the servicing done at another dealearship equidistant from my house if they will agree to it. I can do the oil changes myself, but not the valve adjustments. I can do the other fluids with some guidance. I appreciate your help.

Reactions: Everett
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When I bought my 1000 I asked for the extra warranty so when I sat down with them they gave very high monthly.i asked why so high and was told I now had 4 1/2 years coverage. I said what? Should be 5 years we argued a bit before I asked how much ins was. He said 1800! I was livid! Got the owner and sales manager involved hen we realized they were giving me Polaris numbers. They then lowered it to 650 and said five years. It still is crazy to me that you have to pay more for less upfront to own less durability

Reactions: DRB and bigsnowman
oldtrucks

oldtrucks

Mar 15, 2015
Pinehurst Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In reguards to the Honda extended warranty.

I am the guy that had the Pioneer 700-4 that blew up about 4 months ago and I will tell you it is worth every dime. I don't care how much it costs with in reason of course. If I had not had that coverage lord only knows what a completly rebuilt engine transmission would cost. It was covered completely and no peneltys on the trade in for the 1000. I had 4500 miles on the 700 when it happened.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds to me like the dealer makes more off of the aftermarket warranty than the Honda one.

D

DRB

Oct 28, 2015
In reguards to the Honda extended warranty.

I am the guy that had the Pioneer 700-4 that blew up about 4 months ago and I will tell you it is worth every dime. I don't care how much it costs with in reason of course. If I had not had that coverage lord only knows what a completly rebuilt engine transmission would cost. It was covered completely and no peneltys on the trade in for the 1000. I had 4500 miles on the 700 when it happened.
Yes, no argument there. The Honda Protection Plan is the one I want. However, what they are trying to sell me in lieu of that one is a private one for $1,500 which has one year less of protection, but supposedly covers more. Like you, I am going with the Honda plan. Thanks for your information.

D

DRB

Oct 28, 2015
Yes, no argument there. The Honda Protection Plan is the one I want. However, what they are trying to sell me in lieu of that one is a private one for $1,500 which has one year less of protection, but supposedly covers more. Like you, I am going with the Honda plan. Thanks for your information.
Agreed. Several things aren't adding up. I live equidistant between two dealers and the other one agreed to sell me the Honda plan and take care of any claims. They will also do the servicing that I can't.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!