Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it happened. Stick came through front inner fender and also through under seat. I have searched and read threads on this but they are older. I might make my own but was just interested to see if there were any new products or ideas.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it happened. Stick came through front inner fender and also through under seat. I have searched and read threads on this but they are older. I might make my own but was just interested to see if there were any new products or ideas.

View attachment 385549
I added running boards to mine with a 1x1 tube frame supporting the aluminum. To the front wheel well I added my version of a mud buster made out of 1/4" rubber belt that has fibre reinforcing in it That should slow down the sticksIMG 8075IMG 8149

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

View attachment 385549
Compare that to the cost of a trip to an ER. Makes the most expensive skid plates look like a bargin !

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 385549
That is a very close call. I cant imagine why the manufacturers have not put metal inner fenders on these units. Although I have seen pics of big branches coming thru the metal firewall of Jeep Wranglers also.
Scary stuff indeed.

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow, close call. Been one of my fears when out running through logging slash or trails with lots of branches and downed trees. I've been on fence for while myself, and was just on here yesterday reviewing old threads in fact. My only real hesitation on the superatv guards is rubbing. My '21 is stock, but i've upgraded to 28x10x14 carnivores on 5x2 offset wheels. Some have said 28s wont rub, others say they do. Depends on exact tires and offsets i suppose. That and terrain. I guess a little rub is a tradeoff I may just have to accept.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!