BOX1

Honda reflects on the Pioneer in its Rearview Report for Aug 20th.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda Rearview Report: August 20 - August 30, 2016

Aug 30, 2016
"For Honda, mobility comes in many forms, and our Pioneer series of side-by-side vehicles is one of the most recent additions to the family. We entered the market just three short years ago with the start of Pioneer 700 series production in Timmonsville, South Carolina – which also was designed and developed by our U.S. engineering team at Honda R&D Americas. Our lineup now includes the 500, 700 and 1000 series, all built by the associates at Honda of South Carolina Mfg. (HSC), the exclusive global home of the Pioneer lineup.

Last week's announcement of new investment at HSC – including a 115,000 square-foot expansion of the manufacturing facility and 250 new jobs – will play a critical role in enabling us to meet growing demand for Honda side-by-side vehicles and to continue delivering innovative new products for our customers here in America and around the world.

It's a testament to both the unique design and performance capabilities of our Pioneer products and the world-class quality delivered by our associates in South Carolina that sales of Honda side-by-sides have grown so quickly. In just three years, the Honda brand has moved into the #2 spot in U.S. sales of multi-purpose side-by-side products, with yearly Pioneer sales increasing five fold since the first unit rolled off the line in South Carolina in June 2013.

We're exceedingly proud of the associates at Honda R&D Americas and Honda South Carolina for their dedication to our side-by-side and ATV business, and proud of all of our American Honda associates and dealers that serve our customers every day. We look forward to sharing even more exciting news with our dealers and customers about the future of our Pioneer lineup.

Ride Red."

Chuck Boderman
Vice President, Honda Powersports Division
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
#1 in my book!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
#1 in my book too Bobby Hill.
Very surprising to me though that Honda is now number 2 based off of what I see around me. I have only seen three Pioneers in the wild and one is a close friend of mine. I continuously get asked questions on my pioneer by people around and one of the largest comments is "I didn't know Honda was making these" it makes me sad that people are so use to buying what they see at the neighbors house. So number two spot...if that is true I'm hoping they are selling like hot cakes in another part of the country.
However what this article means to me is they are ramping up for a complete takeover. Sorry hondasxs for using this but "a complete Pioneer take over " it'll take a bit first you've got to build many different rigs that covers most of everyone,then change minds, be solid with warranty, then let the word spread. Doing pretty good so far. Take care of people Honda the rest will come. Popo is next. IMG 6459
One last "flaming" hurdle

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Every time the wife and I go out we are seeing multiple P1K's and even a few P500 SxS at Royal Blue. I know I have seen a few dozen unique Honda Pioneers in the last 30 days in 5 days of riding. Thier popularity is gaining traction. I get questions on mine every time we stop by Can AM and Polaris owners looking for something quieter and more reliable. Not to mention can haul 4 people and not be as long as a limo or take a 6 point turns make a switchback.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm am very fortunate to live very close to 3 of the best East Coasts Mountainous riding areas. Every day I go out to town I see all makes and models of SXS and never been a fan of RZR platform for my needs. Honda came out with P1K and I was in love again. I will admit this is my first SXS but it just the best out there. I know that when I'm out with the P1K people are always approaching me with questions. Pointing at It. Wanting a ride. I think I was doing a demo day at Windrock last weekend.

P1ks are still rare on Windrock. I see a few every outing mostly P7s. However, I am very proud to ride my silver unicorn and show her off!

I've raced atvs on a national circuit years ago and their machines have always been the best and I am so excited that someone at Honda had the balls to make a Honda machine that will compete with the RZRs. Ride Red!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!