BOX1

Is Honda's next SXS a DRONE? Introducing the 3E-D18 off-road vehicle!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda SxS drone1

Could Honda's next entry into the ATV/SXS market be a DRONE?
An fully autonomous off-road vehicle with built in AI designed to take and support people in a broad range of activities and environments.

Honda to Introduce 3E Robotics Concept at CES 2018
  • New Honda robotics, artificial intelligence, and energy solution concepts engineered to advance mobility and improve people’s lives
TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 7, 2017 – Honda will unveil its new 3E (Empower, Experience, Empathy) Robotics Concept at CES 2018, demonstrating a range of experimental technologies engineered to advance mobility and make people’s lives better. Expressing a variety of functions and designs, the advanced robotic concepts demonstrate Honda’s vision of a society where robotics and AI can assist people in many situations, such as disaster recovery, recreation and learning from human interaction to become more helpful and empathetic.

As part of the 3E Robotics Concept, Honda will reveal:
  • 3E-A18, a companion robotics concept that shows compassion to humans with a variety of facial expressions
  • 3E-B18, a chair-type mobility concept designed for casual use in indoor or outdoor spaces
  • 3E-C18, a small-sized electric mobility concept with multi-functional cargo space
  • 3E-D18, an autonomous off-road vehicle concept with AI designed to support people in a broad range of work activities
In addition to the suite of robotics concepts, Honda will showcase its Mobile Power Pack World, which includes a portable, swappable battery pack for electric vehicles, and a re-charging system for use at home, recreation or during a natural disaster. The Mobile Power Pack World at CES will also exhibit a battery exchanger concept that can store and charge mobile power packs.

Global Innovator Showcase
Committed to creating transformative products through open innovation, Silicon Valley-based Honda Innovations will showcase new Honda Xcelerator partnerships with startups in the Global Innovator Showcase at CES. The Honda Xcelerator partners are:

• BRAIQ bridges the gap between human preferences and artificial intelligence to personalize the driving style of autonomous vehicles.
  • DeepMap provides HD maps and real-time localization as a service for autonomous vehicles.
  • DynaOptics harnesses the power of free-form optics to bring superior situational awareness and safety to roads.
  • Tactual Labs brings real-time human body pose sensing to every surface and voxel.
  • WayRay is a Swiss developer of a holographic AR navigation system for advanced connected cars.
Last month Honda announced the Honda Xcelerator program will expand its engagement of startup ecosystems in Japan, China, Detroit and Europe

Honda SxS drone3
Honda SxS drone2

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Some how when you said 'drone' I had a vision of thousands of little ASIMO robots sitting at computers in a room as long as 3 foot ball fields typing away designing the next Honda whatever.
And a bunch of Honda engineers standing outside in the cold, pink slip in hand.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's interesting. Wonder where they are going with that?

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So stupid... Man, I get there is a market for that crap but It AIN'T NO TALON! Hondasxs U know how closely I watch for Talon threads!! :) want me to tell you what the talon "should be"? Good :) cause its a Chromoly framed 2 seater with the optional fold out seats in the rear to make it into a 4 seater, Skinnier body due to losing a seat, Long travel suspension, Dual exhaust, African twin cam, bigger throttle body, Pioneer 1000 motor decked out a little and LAUNCH CONTROL!!!!!!! Don't even think we'd need a turbo but if you twist my arm a little....

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Some how when you said 'drone' I had a vision of thousands of little ASIMO robots sitting at computers in a room as long as 3 foot ball fields typing away designing the next Honda whatever.
And a bunch of Honda engineers standing outside in the cold, pink slip in hand.

For you it would be....
Screenshot 20171213 122530

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So stupid... Man, I get there is a market for that crap but It AIN'T NO TALON! Hondasxs U know how closely I watch for Talon threads!! :) want me to tell you what the talon "should be"? Good :) cause its a Chromoly framed 2 seater with the optional fold out seats in the rear to make it into a 4 seater, Skinnier body due to losing a seat, Long travel suspension, Dual exhaust, African twin cam, bigger throttle body, Pioneer 1000 motor decked out a little and LAUNCH CONTROL!!!!!!! Don't even think we'd need a turbo but if you twist my arm a little....

Most of what you wish, and more.........

Give it one more year.....

Reactions: strongbuilt
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have done enough to mine to last another year....

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 59469

Could Honda's next entry into the ATV/SXS market be a DRONE?
An fully autonomous off-road vehicle with built in AI designed to take and support people in a broad range of activities and environments.

Honda to Introduce 3E Robotics Concept at CES 2018
  • New Honda robotics, artificial intelligence, and energy solution concepts engineered to advance mobility and improve people’s lives
TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 7, 2017 – Honda will unveil its new 3E (Empower, Experience, Empathy) Robotics Concept at CES 2018, demonstrating a range of experimental technologies engineered to advance mobility and make people’s lives better. Expressing a variety of functions and designs, the advanced robotic concepts demonstrate Honda’s vision of a society where robotics and AI can assist people in many situations, such as disaster recovery, recreation and learning from human interaction to become more helpful and empathetic.

As part of the 3E Robotics Concept, Honda will reveal:
  • 3E-A18, a companion robotics concept that shows compassion to humans with a variety of facial expressions
  • 3E-B18, a chair-type mobility concept designed for casual use in indoor or outdoor spaces
  • 3E-C18, a small-sized electric mobility concept with multi-functional cargo space
  • 3E-D18, an autonomous off-road vehicle concept with AI designed to support people in a broad range of work activities
In addition to the suite of robotics concepts, Honda will showcase its Mobile Power Pack World, which includes a portable, swappable battery pack for electric vehicles, and a re-charging system for use at home, recreation or during a natural disaster. The Mobile Power Pack World at CES will also exhibit a battery exchanger concept that can store and charge mobile power packs.

Global Innovator Showcase
Committed to creating transformative products through open innovation, Silicon Valley-based Honda Innovations will showcase new Honda Xcelerator partnerships with startups in the Global Innovator Showcase at CES. The Honda Xcelerator partners are:

• BRAIQ bridges the gap between human preferences and artificial intelligence to personalize the driving style of autonomous vehicles.
  • DeepMap provides HD maps and real-time localization as a service for autonomous vehicles.
  • DynaOptics harnesses the power of free-form optics to bring superior situational awareness and safety to roads.
  • Tactual Labs brings real-time human body pose sensing to every surface and voxel.
  • WayRay is a Swiss developer of a holographic AR navigation system for advanced connected cars.
Last month Honda announced the Honda Xcelerator program will expand its engagement of startup ecosystems in Japan, China, Detroit and Europe

View attachment 59470 View attachment 59468
Boy, that looks like fun, puke and more puke and then the dry heaves for hours!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I believe that the engineers at Honda are perfecting the Talon to be bulletproof and care so much for their customer base that they designed a cooler carrying atv drone to carry extra beverages and make riding a more enjoyable experience! It’s rumored to be intended for the P500 and the P1000-5 while carrying passengers! See guys Honda does care! ;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I believe that the engineers at Honda are perfecting the Talon to be bulletproof and care so much for their customer base that they designed a cooler carrying atv drone to carry extra beverages and make riding a more enjoyable experience! It’s rumored to be intended for the P500 and the P1000-5 while carrying passengers! See guys Honda does care! ;)
What a relief to know!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mine would be the X3 not the maverick! That X3 is tempting if I wanted a pure sport machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Put a real bed on it and I'm in, I like to haul fire wood fast!

Reactions: Eltobgi
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!