Honda reliability?

C

Cazadore

Apr 22, 2017
Az
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello from Az. Purchased my 700-4 a couple of months ago but do to recent surgery have not had a lot of time to ride. Took it out for a short ride today, all was fine. Stopped to look at some animals and it just died. No power to anything. Checked cables all was tight. Had to call a buddy to come out with a trailer to haul it back home. Just shy of my 20 hour service. Frustrating to say the least. I go into some remote areas and this is unacceptable. Lucky I was close to home as I am in the process of breaking her in.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hello from Az. Purchased my 700-4 a couple of months ago but do to recent surgery have not had a lot of time to ride. Took it out for a short ride today, all was fine. Stopped to look at some animals and it just died. No power to anything. Checked cables all was tight. Had to call a buddy to come out with a trailer to haul it back home. Just shy of my 20 hour service. Frustrating to say the least. I go into some remote areas and this is unacceptable. Lucky I was close to home as I am in the process of breaking her in.
I'd believe a ground issue. Anything added accessory wise? Checked fuses?
The 700 is probably the most dependable Sxs on the planet.

C

Cazadore

Apr 22, 2017
Az
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nope, nothing yet. Winch is mounted but not yet wired. I'm thinking some sort of ignition fuse as there is no display power. Was running fine, idling in neutral, acted like someone just turned the key off

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nope, nothing yet. Winch is mounted but not yet wired. I'm thinking some sort of ignition fuse as there is no display power. Was running fine, idling in neutral, acted like someone just turned the key off
I'm sorry to hear this. We have seen some ground issues here not tight or protected good enough. On the 1000 there is a couple plugs under driver side seat for ignition if they aren't fully clicked together they'll do that.

C

Cazadore

Apr 22, 2017
Az
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had called for an appointment to have the 20 hour service done at the dealership, I guess they'll have to get it running first. Not a flame on Hondas. I sold my old Foreman to buy this. Never had an issue with it. Gotta be something simple.

J

JTW

I had called for an appointment to have the 20 hour service done at the dealership, I guess they'll have to get it running first. Not a flame on Hondas. I sold my old Foreman to buy this. Never had an issue with it. Gotta be something simple.
They usually are simple fixes... but that doesn't mean they aren't frustrating or a b**** to find!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!