P1000 Honda side Mirrors quality?

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone using the Honda side mirrors that could rate them for me? I want to order them but for 100 bucks the quailty needs to be very good. Thanks

B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
Anyone using the Honda side mirrors that could rate them for me? I want to order them but for 100 bucks the quailty needs to be very good. Thanks
If they are the same as for the Honda 700 that are installed on the hard doors (which I did) I would rate them as disappointing.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If they are the same as for the Honda 700 that are installed on the hard doors (which I did) I would rate them as disappointing.
The part #s are different but look the same so I am not sure. I don't have the doors so will be mounting to the A piller with provided bracket.I am interested in what don't you like about them? Vibrate, adjustment or something else. Thanks for the reply Bornlzr.

B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
The part #s are different but look the same so I am not sure. I don't have the doors so will be mounting to the A piller with provided bracket.I am interested in what don't you like about them? Vibrate, adjustment or something else. Thanks for the reply Bornlzr.
One thing on the 700's is they are mounted too low on the hard doors and you can't tip the top back far enough to see behind/beside you like I would have liked, maybe for someone 5' tall it would be okay otherwise your kinda looking at the ground. That issue would be resolved if you mount them to the A pillar where they could be raised a couple/few inches higher but in addition to that they seemed to be a little blurry, my 700 is now sold (waiting for my Camo 1000-5 which is supposed to be here any day now) so I can't go back out and refresh my memory further than that. I don't remember significant vibration when in motion.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
[QUOTE="Bornlzr,

Thanks for your help, I you get your new one soon.

edstoy

edstoy

Dec 20, 2015
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've installed the mirrors, brush guard, rear bumper, hard top and two piece coated windshield all from Honda. Fitment and quality appears to be first rate. Waiting on terra 4500 winch and kfi mount. without hard doors the mirrors come with quick clamp to attach to roll bar. I also installed the aluminum full length skid plate and the four A arm guards. These items are outstanding in looks and fit........
IMG 1337
IMG 1338

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the pictures and information. I only have the hard top, hard back, and folding windsheild installed now and would rate; Top very good; Cab back very good and the windshield good as it vibrates a little due to the length I think. I did order the mirrors.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you will like the honda mirrors, I have them mounted on the bars of mine and they seem to be good quality.

Reactions: ofrcboy
Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I just ordered a set from Cheapcycle parts .com they have free shipping for a short time, the price was 82.00 normally they charge high shipping rates, before i put the code in it was 17.xx for these mirrors

advertisement
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered a set from Cheapcycle parts .com they have free shipping for a short time, the price was 82.00 normally they charge high shipping rates, before i put the code in it was 17.xx for these mirrors
$82 is a good deal, I paid $90 at local dealer

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do they vibrate much when riding?
No, they don't seem to vibrate at all, my wife and I rode about 30 miles on back roads and they were a lot more stable than I expected them to be, even at over 50mph. I bought the side mirrors and the rear view all from honda, and are very well pleased with both.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
my deal with the mirrors are Im sure I will be folding them in and out a lot it would be nice if they were like modern truck mirrors where u could fold them in then when u put them back out they would lock into the same position they were in so every time u did that u wouldn't have to adjust them. Do they happen to have that memory spot if not have u heard of any that do?

edstoy

edstoy

Dec 20, 2015
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
my deal with the mirrors are Im sure I will be folding them in and out a lot it would be nice if they were like modern truck mirrors where u could fold them in then when u put them back out they would lock into the same position they were in so every time u did that u wouldn't have to adjust them. Do they happen to have that memory spot if not have u heard of any that do?
The HONDA mirrors do not have a mechanical memory. You would have to readjust each time. They are quality mirrors and work well.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

The siezmik pursuit mirrors are super nice and they have memory.

Seizmik Pursuit UTV Side View Mirrors | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They don't have Honda listed for the pursuits. Which one would be right for ours?

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
Those pursuit mirrors look nice but man there costly!

Does anyone know if the Honda mirrors will mount higher with the full hard doors or are you stuck with mounting it by the door handle?

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com

Does anyone know if the Honda mirrors will mount higher with the full hard doors or are you stuck with mounting it by the door handle?
I don't think they do. The tech I talked to at Honda installing a cab said that's one of the things he didn't like is they are worthless for anyone but a shorter person on the hard doors

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I don't think they do. The tech I talked to at Honda installing a cab said that's one of the things he didn't like is they are worthless for anyone but a shorter person on the hard doors
Crap, I just ordered full hard doors and mirrors and I'm 6'4"

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md

Im pretty sure u can mount higher with doors on but with the Seismic Pursuit UTV Side View Mirrors u can cause the mount is thin

advertisement