Honda Sport SxS, Is THIS TRUE?????

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Hey , I am in the market for a sxs and all i have ever owned was honda. I when and test drove the new pioneer and i like it it could use more horsepower and a low gear , but its not bad . I think i will wait , they have alot of rumors about a new sxs coming some time this your or next and some say its a sport sxs . can anyone on this site or form verify this or heard anything else?

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
Their saying they will be 4 more Honda sxs models. That'll be released around the same time. But I don't think anyone knows when.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
wow 4 more!!!! I read on other forms about a press release on 2015 models and i started to see honda powersports leak 2 new dirt bikes and 3 new motorcycles for 2015. A guy on that form said he his buddy was a G.M. for honda and say sometime around may or june will be another press release for new atvs and stuff . I dont know how true this is . just have to wait and see and do more research in upcoming months

T

Thunderstix

Dec 19, 2013
Certain Honda dealership people are saying that the new releases will not be competing with the Pioneer so watch for a sport version if the utility is not your thing.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
yeah i am holding on just waiting to see if honda keeps there word on a sport sxs. Just wish we could get more info or a teaser picture or something.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
I was told around May or June also I guess we will sit back and watch. Id really like to see Honda come out with a 900cc/1000cc sport.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
It would be bad ass if they took the valkairy engine and took to cylinders out and made it a parallel twin. Or if they took the. New 2015 nm4 engine it is only 700 but its a parallel twin 6 speed automatic dual clutch transmission

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
chancesemar89 said:
It would be bad ass if they took the valkairy engine and took to cylinders out and made it a parallel twin. Or if they took the. New 2015 nm4 engine it is only 700 but its a parallel twin 6 speed automatic dual clutch transmission

BLASPHEMER!!! Leave the F6 just like it sits 1800cc's of BA! If you used the 5 speed box it would do 100mph+, you would run out of gear/road/trail before you ran out of power. Throw some long travel and radial AT's and you have yourself a Baja buggy.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Yea you're probably right . Leave it a alone . Cause if they can fit it in a motorcycle . Then im pretty sure they could fit it in a sxs .

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Quote taken from the Honda Website - http://honda.us/1glgGfV
These brand-new two-person and four-person Pioneer models not only replace the highly respected Big Red in the Honda lineup, they also kick off a whole new phase of Honda side-by-sides, with more exciting Pioneer models to come in the future.

advertisement
fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
My guess is if there is some new Pioneer models coming out this year, it will be an upgraded Pioneer models with (like the Polaris LE models) that include winch, upgraded wheels/ tires, high-end shocks, seat upgrade, graphics, and possibly a hard top and / or windshield as standard. LE models wouldn't take much tooling differences in the assembly line and could be easily added into production this year. Knowing Honda, the Sport Model we're all waiting for is a year or more away 2015 /16 model. This is a case I hope I'm wrong, but Honda engineering is notoriously conservative and is not going to bang anything out into the market that isn't tried and proven.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
I really hope they come out with a sport and not a 680 engine or 3 speed tranny unless it's a 900cc or bigger. I miss the torq that my old teryx had. Long hill climbs I'm not impressed with the pioneer at all.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!