Honda talon 1000R snorkel

Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
Built my own snorkel with a K N air filter and a dry bag silicone that doesn’t let water in for under 190 silicone elbows 45s aluminum thin wall 3 inch used the factory inner finder....5k miles lovin the Talon, no more dirty air filters boys

B5D85408 1F77 47C6 A93F 886BECE57D37 7F7FCE09 9DD5 482D 856D E78DFB83ACFC 33D8ADF2 BFD5 4585 84B4 CE0023E80062 406A7C02 2648 49D9 9579 7A2255923595 C5749BC6 6C92 4123 910D 9D41F73D7964

VonHarvester

VonHarvester

Jan 2, 2021
South central lower MI
Ownership

1. 520

2. Talon X
Nice job on the pre-cleaner. I'm going to purchase the unit from BVC off-road since I'm not much of a fabricator. My Honda dealer buddy says pre-filter very good idea.

Reactions: Sawpilot
Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
Nice job on the pre-cleaner. I'm going to purchase the unit from BVC off-road since I'm not much of a fabricator. My Honda dealer buddy says pre-filter very good idea.
Just a quick update did a few hundred miles the past week dustyish conditions, I just rinse off the pre-filter with hose also my factory Honda filter looks same as new I couldn’t be more happy

Reactions: CID
F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like the idea of the BVC setup, but what does removing that stock ant farm looking intake thing do to performance?

D

DMack762

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a snorkel kit (the Warrior kit) but I have not installed it yet. My Service Manager told me that the moment I install a snorkel, it voids my powertrain warranty. I'm a wee bit gun-shy to install it, but I can't help but think that it will be better for the Talon to have it, than to not have it.

Reactions: TripleB
Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a snorkel kit (the Warrior kit) but I have not installed it yet. My Service Manager told me that the moment I install a snorkel, it voids my powertrain warranty. I'm a wee bit gun-shy to install it, but I can't help but think that it will be better for the Talon to have it, than to not have it.
I called my guy at Cumberland Maryland Timbrook Honda they said they like the idea of putting a snorkel for fresh air and it will not void the warranty at all,
he said if it was a full intake with a whole different air filter it would void the warranty but as long as Honda filter is still there with its intake it doesn’t void my five year warranty

VonHarvester

VonHarvester

Jan 2, 2021
South central lower MI
Ownership

1. 520

2. Talon X
My acquaintance is Svc. Mgr./Co owner at our very small, local Honda dealer in Potterville, MI. (Albins Honda). I didn't buy my Talon there as they don't handle SxS's. I told him about a pre-filter and he recommended it. No mention of voiding warranty.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!