Honda Talon 1000X 2020 AT/MT displayed

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hello everyone, a couple of months ago I did a simple job with the E gear problem, the problem was in the pressure sensor, I changed it and now this is what is on the video itself. More details: when the buggy is cold, the letter U is on (it is different from the one that lights up after replacing the clutch, its right side is slightly different in the upper corner) I warm up the engine for several minutes and the problem goes away, I did the clutch initialization procedure, but as I know, in At the end, AT and MT should go out and "-" should also go out, but only "-" goes out, and AT and MT do not go out, but no matter how the clutch light is on at all, well, then everything that happens in the video. Actually how to solve the problem of the crooked letter U burning at a cold start and how to make AT and MT go out, thank you all for your help.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sounds like it needs a clutch relearn.

Reactions: Smitty335
D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
Then the clutch relearn didn't take

The "U" is there to show the oil temp is too low to perform the relearn. The display must show "P" in the gear position before starting the relearn. If it still doesn't take then you have other problems.
I know, after some time U disappear and then I start relearn, but as I said AT and MT does not disappear at the end, but it should

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X

The "U" is there to show the oil temp is too low to perform the relearn. The display must show "P" in the gear position before starting the relearn. If it still doesn't take then you have other problems.
speaking about other problems, there should not be actually, just need somehow to solve AT MT and U xD )

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X

also, I did not mention in the post, at the end of this video you may see that I cannot shift the gear, the shift knob "locked"

Last edited:
M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Maybe when you replaced the pressure sensor, there was something else you missed?

H

HondaTech

I know, maybe you know how to reset the ecm

The only way to get the AT/MT off is with a clutch relearn. The ecm will be locked there until it's done, ypu can try it in another machine but the system has issues if it won't complete the relearn.

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
The only way to get the AT/MT off is with a clutch relearn. The ecm will be locked there until it's done, ypu can try it in another machine but the system has issues if it won't complete the relearn.
how to find this issues which does not allow to complete the procedure of relearn ?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!