BOX1

Talon Honda Talon Delivery Pushbacks???

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Local dealers here say beginning of next month.

The new order sheets appeared today. I was at the dealer and his dates moved up a 8 days with the first scheduled in late March but those are ship dates, delivery 3-5 days more.
My Dealer had just talked to the local Sales Rep who said that there’s a good chance that dates could move foreword again.

He also said that accessory parts were due next week. Apparently dealers can’t order individual accessories, they come in packages, not sure what they are called. That’s unique and doesn’t make sense!!!

H

HondaTech

The new order sheets appeared today. I was at the dealer and his dates moved up a 8 days with the first scheduled in late March but those are ship dates, delivery 3-5 days more.
My Dealer had just talked to the local Sales Rep who said that there’s a good chance that dates could move foreword again.

He also said that accessory parts were due next week. Apparently dealers can’t order individual accessories, they come in packages, not sure what they are called. That’s unique and doesn’t make sense!!!

I think the accessory packages were an initial order thing only. No way that'll make any sense later down the road.

Reactions: BWAF
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Bummer, My dealer had the two models bumped to ship earlier, one 3/16 and one early April. Unfortunately, mine is still set for early is May unless I wast to switch to a Blue X. Tempting, but got to stay with Honda Red.

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
Talked to my dealer today, they have received a R with and X coming in day after tomorrow, Thursday.
Was hoping it would be mine, but there is one person in front of me for the grey/blue X.
So not sure as yet when mine will show up...
But they are arriving at the dealers earlier than first stated....DRK

Reactions: Eltobgi

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Talked to my dealer today, they have received a R with and X coming in day after tomorrow, Thursday.
Was hoping it would be mine, but there is one person in front of me for the grey/blue X.
So not sure as yet when mine will show up...
But they are arriving at the dealers earlier than first stated....DRK
Is your dealer a Honda only store or mixed brands. A mixed brand dealer can only reach level 3 vs the preference given to Level 5. No matter how much product they sell, seems like a backwards system.

H

HondaTech

Is your dealer a Honda only store or mixed brands. A mixed brand dealer can only reach level 3 vs the preference given to Level 5. No matter how much product they sell, seems like a backwards system.

No multi line dealer can be a powerhouse dealer at all. That's reserved for Honda only dealers.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
No multi line dealer can be a powerhouse dealer at all. That's reserved for Honda only dealers.

I thought that’s what I said using level 3 & 5 in stead of Powerhouse. A Multi Line Dealer can’t get above 3 even if he’s Abernathy and the largest volume dealer in the US.

H

HondaTech

I thought that’s what I said using level 3 & 5 in stead of Powerhouse. A Multi Line Dealer can’t get above 3 even if he’s Abernathy and the largest volume dealer in the US.

Whenever I reference Levels of dealer I'm referring to Powerhouse dealers. Honda has 5 levels of PH dealers and they must only sell Honda products.

Level 5 dealers are the big buildings with the giant wing logo on the front. Think Russellville style building. They also get A.I.R or automatic inventory replenishment. Meaning if they only ordered 4 Talons theyll keep getting whatever they sell back until A.I.R program ends for that model.
We on the other hand being a L4 are stuck with what we ordered and nothing more unless an open order comes about.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!