Honda Talon Front Speaker Pods

phatchv

phatchv

Aug 21, 2019
Redding Ca
Ownership

1. Talon R
Im looking for a set of empty front speaker pods for the front kick panels The only thing i can find is the SSV stereo and speaker kit . I called and asked if they can sell me a pair of front empty pods they said they can not i would have to buy the whole kit. Someone has to make a set ?? RZR models have 3 or 4 makers of front Pods . If someone Built them they would be in the $$$ hard to believe SSV are the only one who does.... I saw Swamp Donkey made a couple but Quit Making Them?? Please share if anyone knows were to get a set or what else will work i see Honda pioneer 1000 has a set but not sure if they will work.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SxS audio check with Doug they make systems for most sxs and offroad stuff

M

martymoe

Jan 6, 2021
wylie tx
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I agree, just picked up a x-4 and am trying to figure out what to do for stereo.. i dont want to shake the ground, just something for nice tunes.. i have door enclosures in my rzr that i like alot, i'd like to find something similar for the talon..
i checked with sxs audio, but didnt find anything..i will keep looking.. maybe i will 3d print something.. i'm on day 2 with this thing.

Reactions: yditta
Y

yditta

Jul 23, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X4
I agree, just picked up a x-4 and am trying to figure out what to do for stereo.. i dont want to shake the ground, just something for nice tunes.. i have door enclosures in my rzr that i like alot, i'd like to find something similar for the talon..
i checked with sxs audio, but didnt find anything..i will keep looking.. maybe i will 3d print something.. i'm on day 2 with this thing.
Any pick

Y

yditta

Jul 23, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X4
Any luck

M

martymoe

Jan 6, 2021
wylie tx
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Yes, i made speaker pods in the front that i like alot, for the rear i bought a soundbar for a jeep tj stereo is great.
I also 3d printed a new center stack that holds a tablet and stereo, I also relocated my dash to behind the wheel where i can see it..
very happy with it.

IMG 2233 IMG 2234 IMG 2235 IMG 2236 IMG 3001 IMG 3003

• Love
Reactions: CID and Udaman
Y

yditta

Jul 23, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X4
Nice, looks good. I never even thought to move the instrument panel but that makes sense. Did the jeep sound bar fit or did you have to customize it.

M

martymoe

Jan 6, 2021
wylie tx
Ownership

1. Talon X4
it didnt fit great.. i'm thinking about printing a new soundbar that is made to fit the car perfectly.. Also thinking about printing something to go under the top in the middle that i can put things like a 2 way radio and some storage and place to put sunglasses (mostly cause it looks cool) :)
i've actually done 2 cluster mounts, the first one mounted on the steering column and had the livevalve indicators above the dash, but i got a new flip up windshield and they collided....
so i just did one for the gauge cluster that sits just high enough that you can see the live valve indicators. i actually like it alot better.
i'm getting ready for a trip to colorado so i have it out and am cleaning it up, i snapped a new picture of it as configured, also i snapped a pic of the kick panel pods not in the car.

one of the things i didnt like about the ssv pods is that they went all the way to the floor and killed that little foot plant thing. i made mine a bit shorter and have a little aluminum bracket that attaches the back (simple L bracket) to the floor, but it sets the pod off of the floor so your foot can slide under it so you can still plant your feet.. (you can see that in the last post, thats why there are tennis shoes in the pics)

IMG 3203 IMG 3204

Y

yditta

Jul 23, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X4
Those kick pods look alot bigger setting out. I had been looking at the ssv pods but I'm like you, I wanted the room for the foot rest. What kind of 3d printer do you use?

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
It easy for me to say because I am not the programer.😛

But if you would incorporate the indicator lights into the bottom of the pod you could see them better, and maybe lower the whole unit to the steering column?

Great work all the same 👍

M

martymoe

Jan 6, 2021
wylie tx
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thought about that, the other dash i have has the indicators in it (above), this one is more minimal, and i just like it better. Plus the indicators are easy to see. If i put them in the bottom of the cluster it would sit as high or higher because of how thick the indicators plug is, would also have to stand way out because of depth i dont want to have to cut my dash up

Reactions: GPR1500SC
Y

yditta

Jul 23, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X4
I went riding this weekend and a guy had a froghead enclosure. I would recommend looking into something like that. The sound was great. I wish I would have waited before buying mine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!