HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Have technical questions about Honda SxS products?

I started receiving links to these informative videos in my email a few days ago. There was initially no explanation of who Kevin is or what company, if any, he represented. I viewed the video that explains the new "Special Edition" models and learned a lot.

Today I received another email from Kevin introducing himself to his viewers.

Kevin was the sales manager, finance manager, and salesman at Honda of Chattanooga (Tennessee) from 2006 - 2020. I bought a 2020 Talon from him in early 2020. He was a great sales manager. Completely honest and plain spoken. He responded to email inquiries with a no nonsense discounted price. He charged no dealer fees, no pre-delivery/assembly charges, no document preparation fees. If a buyer paid cash or had his/her own financing Tennessee didn't require him to collect sales tax for documented out of state buyers. His prices were great and included no tricks or upcharges!

I don't know what happened but Honda of Chattanooga closed their doors in December 2020. Kevin explained that he's going to try to turn a hobby into a career with his videos and product blog posts.

His product knowledge is superior.

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
You're right. His email today said he had produced done the blog and videos as a sideline for several years.

I'm a newcomer to side by sides and had never seen them before.

S

Sr56

May 6, 2019
Murfreesboro
Honda of Chattanooga was operated by Mr White who’s dad had started several businesses on Glass Street in the 50’s including Honda and a Western Auto. They moved the Honda store to Hwy 58 in the early 60’s. With COVID and lack of products to sell hurt their business as they only had Honda. The Honda signs are gone but the for sale sign is still there.

His home was also hit by the tornadoes that hit East Brainerd in 2020.

His brother runs Whites Cycle next door with Can-Am, Sea-Doo, Kawasaki and a few boat brands. They seem to be doing very well.

I had the oil changed and the steering recall done on my PK1000-5 at Kevin’s shop in early December but didn’t see him.

With Southern Honda Powersports in town that also hurt their Honda business. SHP is moving to a new location in East Ridge close to I-75 to provide easier access for customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks for the background and explanation. I wondered.

I assume COVID and the lack of new Honda units had hurt Honda of Chattanooga but didn't want to ask Kevin for fear of embarrassing him.

Honda of Chattanooga must have been one of the very first Honda motorcycle stores in the nation.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!