P500 Horn hunting camp

southforkspeedster

southforkspeedster

Here are couple photos of my horn hunting adventures with the pioneer 500. I will be adding the badlands 3500 winch, and Big Horn original 26x9 front, 26x12 rear, for this years season! The pioneer really compliments the tracked atv, when the snow levels are down.

IMG 0525 XL

IMG 0535 XL

IMG 0540 XL

IMG 0604 XL

And the adventure pups!!!

IMG 0608 XL

I hope you all enjoy these photos. I will continue to add photos to this thread, as the the adventures go on.
See you on the trail.
SFS

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@southforkspeedster Awesome pics keep em coming, hell would love to tag along just for the scenery!

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Beautiful place. Mind if I ask what general area you're in?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My brother lives just outside of Eugene but I haven't been there in 10 years. when I was I saw the biggest dog gone spruce tree I think ever existed about 12 feet across at the trunk. Pretty country.

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Haha yep that's why I asked what "general area". It looked like my neck of the woods. Pretty close.

southforkspeedster

southforkspeedster

My brother lives just outside of Eugene but I haven't been there in 10 years. when I was I saw the biggest dog gone spruce tree I think ever existed about 12 feet across at the trunk. Pretty country.

There are some big trees in that area. I am a north east. Here is a picture of my spring bear hunting area, Not the 500, but I do a lot of motorcycling also.

009 XL

Some more antlers. This was a good day.

Starkey20horns20013 XL

Reactions: JACKAL
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
awesome country you live in, like @JACKAL said I'd like to ride along for the views.

Reactions: JACKAL
southforkspeedster

southforkspeedster

Another May camp. Took the wife, so we had to take the toy hauler:):) Great weekend, put over a hundred miles on the pioneer. This was the weekend my wife fell in love with the 500!!! Ms SFS found her first horn........right out of the passengers seat of the 500.....only two horns found........getting a little late in the season in May. Most of the hills have been pretty well covered by then.

IMG 0664 XL

IMG 0579 XL

Getting the winch mounted up soon. Already put on the maxxis bighorn originals 26 inch tires. It is going to be a great 2016 horn hunting season!!

be safe!
SFS

advertisement
southforkspeedster

southforkspeedster

53 inch main beam matched set. Good find!

IMG 0595 XL

IMG 0599 XL
The puppies in their seat, with the 500 loaded in the back of the pickup...............

IMG 0573 XL

Went up and scouted for the last two days..............found one whitetail buck shed. Saw thousands of elk. Had a great time.........but did not take any pictures.............doh!!!!! STILL need to get the winch mounted!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Nothing like the smell and picturesque qualities of the spruce, particularly the blue variety!!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@southforkspeedster very nice find on the sheds! Appreciate the pictures, beautiful country.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

IMG 0595 XL

Another May camp. Took the wife, so we had to take the toy hauler:):) Great weekend, put over a hundred miles on the pioneer. This was the weekend my wife fell in love with the 500!!! Ms SFS found her first horn........right out of the passengers seat of the 500.....only two horns found........getting a little late in the season in May. Most of the hills have been pretty well covered by then.

IMG 0664 XL

IMG 0579 XL

Getting the winch mounted up soon. Already put on the maxxis bighorn originals 26 inch tires. It is going to be a great 2016 horn hunting season!!

be safe!
SFS
There are some big trees in that area. I am a north east. Here is a picture of my spring bear hunting area, Not the 500, but I do a lot of motorcycling also.

009 XL

Some more antlers. This was a good day.

Starkey20horns20013 XL

IMG 0599 XL
The puppies in their seat, with the 500 loaded in the back of the pickup...............

IMG 0573 XL

Went up and scouted for the last two days..............found one whitetail buck shed. Saw thousands of elk. Had a great time.........but did not take any pictures.............doh!!!!! STILL need to get the winch mounted!
I don't kno
Thanks!! Green is the fastest;););):D:D:D

Mine was actually red. I had the dealer replace the plastic with the green.......my buddy has the camo version. It is really cool!!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Great finds, great pics, great place you live in.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500

IMG 0595 XL

IMG 0599 XL

IMG 0573 XL

Southfork awesome pix, Green is faster for sure. Love the power stroke too wow it looks in excellent shape. Living just a little "North" of you, country looks very similar minus the elk, which is too bad for us. There has been a history of elk here but for some reason they have not re populated (South central of BC, I.e. Kamloops). Really cool to note that you've observed thousands and have evidence of beautie Bulls! Thanks for sharing pix.

jrc

southforkspeedster

southforkspeedster

Southfork awesome pix, Green is faster for sure. Love the power stroke too wow it looks in excellent shape. Living just a little "North" of you, country looks very similar minus the elk, which is too bad for us. There has been a history of elk here but for some reason they have not re populated (South central of BC, I.e. Kamloops). Really cool to note that you've observed thousands and have evidence of beautie Bulls! Thanks for sharing pix.

jrc

Thanks. That powerstroke and I have a lot of history. She is pretty cherry for a 96!! I love your area. Have been through there a couple of times, Beautiful to say the least!!!!! This winter has been good for spotting, more snow than last year. Keeps the elk concentrated. Just for kicks..........I found these two a couple of years ago. Not a matched set, but a couple of 360 plus bulls once carried them around.

013 XL

Since this thread is called "Horn hunting camp"....................my mobile camp that weekend..........

Horns20and20trees20001 XL

Happy hunting.

SFS

Reactions: JACKAL and 500oneer
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Are you anywhere near the Nez Perce Indian reservation when you're horn hunting?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!