P500 Horn hunting camp

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Whoa beautie sheds SFS... Thanks for sharing pix. I remember S West of Kamloops doing forestry work years ago and coming across a piece of petrified wood as thick as the main beams in your pic. It weighed a ton.... Upon closer inspection it was a section of main beam... Ha. Remember speaking with local ranchers and they recall ploughing up huge sheds over the years in the same area. None there now, sure wished we had them local to Kamloops as they are such beautie animals.

Thanks again for the cool pix.

jrc

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No, I am not near the Nez Perc reservation. Not even sure where that is. I will be in Beggs Oklahoma this summer though, to visit my uncle. You close to there?
Well originally it covered land in southeast Washington state west central Idaho and north east Oregon. The famous Nez Perce chief ( chief Joseph ) of late 18th century is buried outside Joseph Oregon and I thought you may do your horn hunting near there. Today the Nez Perce res is 750,000 acres on the east edge of Lewiston Idaho. Beggs Oklahoma is on hwy. 75 between Okmulgee and Tulsa 2-2 1/2 hours northwest of my location. What you'll be leaving behind is far more picturesque!

southforkspeedster

southforkspeedster

Well originally it covered land in southeast Washington state west central Idaho and north east Oregon. The famous Nez Perce chief ( chief Joseph ) of late 18th century is buried outside Joseph Oregon and I thought you may do your horn hunting near there. Today the Nez Perce res is 750,000 acres on the east edge of Lewiston Idaho. Beggs Oklahoma is on hwy. 75 between Okmulgee and Tulsa 2-2 1/2 hours northwest of my location. What you'll be leaving behind is far more picturesque!

Oh yeah, I forgot that Chief Joseph was Nez Perce..............I spend a lot of time in that country (Wallowa Lake), and in the Lewistion/Orifino area.........I am close, but not that close. I am closer to the Umatilla Indian reservation.

Regardless of the landscape, I am really looking forward to going east and checking it out this summer!

Thanks for the history review :D:D
Be Safe!!
SFS

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh yeah, I forgot that Chief Joseph was Nez Perce..............I spend a lot of time in that country (Wallowa Lake), and in the Lewistion/Orifino area.........I am close, but not that close. I am closer to the Umatilla Indian reservation.

Regardless of the landscape, I am really looking forward to going east and checking it out this summer!

Thanks for the history review :D:D
Be Safe!!
SFS
By all means, do come and enjoy, late spring/early fall are best, you may not like July/August humidity. Post all about it if you take your P-5!

southforkspeedster

southforkspeedster

2016 season off to a good start...............Day of deer shed hunting.

IMG 1660 XL

Next day was not so good...........but still found a shed.

IMG 1676 XL

Elk horns have been decent so far............last weekend.........

IMG 1708 XL

IMG 1718 XL

The days end.......................

IMG 1711 XL

IMG 1732 L

Camping next weekend. Hopefully more to come!!

Be safe........
SFS

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing! Good luck with the horn hunting.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!