BOX1

P1000 How about the HardCabs Windshield

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Those of you that have the Hard Cabs Windshield, any comments? Would you buy it again or look at something else. It's at the top of my list and need to order something soon.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I have the hard cab . The windshield was redesigned [ by me ] to be able to open it in the summer to allow ventilation. Since doing that mod I love it. You need to beable to allow air through in the summer for both dust and coolness.

Last edited:
M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the hard cabs cab. It is for the 3 seater and I put it on the 5 seater. I really like it. I haven't seen any type of cab that I would trade it for yet. My windshield is glass and seals up very good. It will tip out at the bottom about 5 inches and allow quite a bit of air through. You can also let it raise up completely and it is the same amount of air as no windshied. You can't go extremely fast or with it all the way up and you have to make sure you don't catch it on any limbs or anything but it fits my needs perfectly.

Luckybeer

Luckybeer

Nov 20, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the hard cabs cab. It is for the 3 seater and I put it on the 5 seater. I really like it. I haven't seen any type of cab that I would trade it for yet. My windshield is glass and seals up very good. It will tip out at the bottom about 5 inches and allow quite a bit of air through. You can also let it raise up completely and it is the same amount of air as no windshied. You can't go extremely fast or with it all the way up and you have to make sure you don't catch it on any limbs or anything but it fits my needs perfectly.
Pictures please!

Reactions: Lady01
M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I will provide you guys with pics but it will be a few days before I will be able to get them.

DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the same hard cab and glass windshield with wipers and washers and so would be very interested in Pictures of how you raise the Windshield.... thanks in advance...

DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the hard cab . The windshield was redesigned [ by me ] to be able to open it in the summer to allow ventilation. Since doing that mod I love it. You need to beable to allow air through in the summer for both dust and coolness.

Great idea. Could you explain a little how you designed the windshield to tilt out, maybe even a picture?

Thanks in advance.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Hope this is what your looking for . Just scroll down to the bottom.

J

Justonly

Feb 16, 2021
Mound, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have installed the tilting Hard cab windshield. And we love it. One scratch in the plastic windshield.
and i would go crazy. So we bought the hard cab glass tilting windshield and as one of the members has said
you cannot go to fast with it full open put it works very well. The plastic locks could be made out of steel or metal.
Thinking of trying locking cylinders to hold up glass when going faster.

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!