How Many Members have Memories of past Relatives good or bad?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have shared many memories of my family about this site, let's put them together and enjoy or join you in your sadness.
I'll start out about telling you about my Great Grand Mother Polly, she had her leg amputated at at eary age from a mule kicking her in the leg, before the circuit Doctor made it around, gangrene had set in, so she lost her leg, this was down in Texas. She had some very nasty sister in laws, and they came over to to set things right between her and her husband, she chased them out with a butcher knife, one legged, they never came back. We all have stories of old would be a good time to share during time of our unrest and see how the tough survived? She lived to the age of 99. Bless her soul!

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have shared many memories of my family about this site, let's put them together and enjoy or join you in your sadness.
I'll start out about telling you about my Great Grand Mother Polly, she had her leg amputated at at eary age from a mule kicking her in the leg, before the circuit Doctor made it around, gangrene had set in, so she lost her leg, this was down in Texas. She had some very nasty sister in laws, and they came over to to set things right between her and her husband, she chased them out with a butcher knife, one legged, they never came back. We all have stories of old would be a good time to share during time of our unrest and see how the tough survived? She lived to the age of 99. Bless her soul!
Ok guys, I kicked it off. I have a lot more to add, just waiting on you! This could be cool reading your stories and could be good for you!?

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

My grandpa did logging with mules for a long time then he went to work at a factory I don't remember the name he quit that at 75 and bought a log truck and started doing that again till he died:)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My grandpa did logging with mules for a long time then he went to work at a factory I don't remember the name he quit that at 75 and bought a log truck and started doing that again till he died:)
Seems to be the common thing they did back then, did he pass while in this endeavor? Going from mules to a truck was huge!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My great Grandmother sticks out in my mind, she lived to be 98. She was half Cherokee and half German, a true fireball. She raised three sons (one is my Grandpa) and was a shipyard welder during World War 2. She was a unique lady.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You could say, back door therapy! HA! Smitty style! 😇
Ok guys , enough with the senseless banter, you all have a story and probably a good / interesting one, so put up or shut up! I'm looking for history here, I like History! Smitty!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok guys , enough with the senseless banter, you all have a story and probably a good / interesting one, so put up or shut up! I'm looking for history here, I like History! Smitty!
Go get another beer. Get me one too....😊

• Haha
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems to be the common thing they did back then, did he pass while in this endeavor? Going from mules to a truck was huge!

No he had a heart attack:( yessir but he still loved his mules though. My grandpa on my mom's side raised cattle and grew crops he was a word war 2 veteran.
Here is a barn he built about 55yrs ago
20200325 172717

Reactions: Mudwing
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My paternal Gpa was on Normandy Beach on D-day, obviously he survived. Came home from the war, had 7 kids, retired from GM. He died when I was about 12, didn't really know him, he was a mean SOB and we tried to stay the heck out of his way when we were around him.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My mothers parents were two real immigrants. Both born in Italy. Came to America and eventually settled outside Pittsburg ( New Kensington where I was born ) my grandfather worked in the coal mine and my grandmother raised 4 boys ( all fought in wars, WWII and the Korean conflict ) and two girls. I was very close to both of them.

Here they are with me and chooglin.

IMG 20150226 231212 023

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
He was shot while he was driving down the mountain didn't really know him
Do you care to expand? If not we understand.
My mothers parents were two real immigrants. Both born in Italy. Came to America and eventually settled outside Pittsburg ( New Kensington where I was born ) my grandfather worked in the coal mine and my grandmother raised 4 boys ( all fought in wars, WWII and the Korean conflict ) and two girls. I was very close to both of them.

Here they are with me and chooglin.

View attachment 194014
You know to them family was GOLD! Thanks for the share!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My paternal Gpa was on Normandy Beach on D-day, obviously he survived. Came home from the war, had 7 kids, retired from GM. He died when I was about 12, didn't really know him, he was a mean SOB and we tried to stay the heck out of his way when we were around him.
Well if we would have been there, we might understand. Your Grand Father went through HADES and came out the other side alive but changed, he saw and experienced things no human being should ever be exposed to, for all of us. Thanks to your Grandparents!

Reactions: Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well if we would have been there, we might understand. Your Grand Father went through HADES and came out the other side alive but changed, he saw and experienced things no human being should ever be exposed to, for all of us. Thanks to your Grandparents!

So true. I can't imagine what our veterans went through.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!