How Many Members have Memories of past Relatives good or bad?

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never got to meet My great uncle but I've heard stories;) he ran a moonshine still back a long time ago and my grandpa and my great uncle got in a fight and my grandpa shot him in the leg but that was when he was mean and wild

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My great Grandmother sticks out in my mind, she lived to be 98. She was half Cherokee and half German, a true fireball. She raised three sons (one is my Grandpa) and was a shipyard welder during World War 2. She was a unique lady.
My Grand Ma Smith was half Cherokee also, 4 foot 10 inches and could be meaner than a Badger!

Reactions: Isaiah and Russ989
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Never got to meet My great uncle but I've heard stories;) he ran a moonshine still back a long time ago and my grandpa and my great uncle got in a fight and my grandpa shot him in the leg but that was when he was mean and wild
Were they drinking? 😇

Reactions: Isaiah
Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
My grandfather was not loved by all, but respected by most I think. He definitely was a tough, mean old bastid when he wanted to be.

He fought in WW2, somewhere near Japan his plane (he was belly gunner I believe) made an emergency landing. He didn't like talking about what happened after landing, in a jungle somewhere but he said it was hell. He was shot in the leg, survived and made it home eventually. Once home he bought a foundation with just a roof on it and started having kids, and building the house as the family grew.

Wife number one made 4 kids, then he met my grandmother while learning how to sign as he was mostly deaf from the war. My grandmother was almost entirely deaf since childhood, and together they had 12 kids. So the house he built ended up being something like 3500 sq ft. He worked for the post office driving trucks until he retired, but he was always swinging a hammer until he was in a home in his 80s.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!