P500 How many of you have done this?

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
I spend more time in my 500 than I do in my truck. At least an hour a day riding around the ranch and range.

When it's time to go home I nearly always reach for the windshield washer lever on the right side of the steering column when the truck is ready to shift.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Took me a long time to get the paddle shifters sorted as I’d always be shifting on the wrong side, which would inevitably rev the bejesus out of it.. strikes forehead fawww.... it just seemed being right handed, downshift should be that side.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Took me a long time to get the paddle shifters sorted as I’d always be shifting on the wrong side, which would inevitably rev the bejesus out of it.. strikes forehead fawww.... it just seemed being right handed, downshift should be that side.
I have never shifted the wrong way said no one ever.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have never shifted the wrong way said no one ever.
Agreed!

I drove rental cars weekly for a decade. The controls being on different sides and different methods of operation was always fun. I've hit turn signals instead of wipers or vice versa more times than I can count. Some of the manual shift override's were in a forward/back configuration while others were in a left/right configuration and yet others had paddles and none of them ever seemed to agree which way the +/- should be even between models in the same brand. I redlined many rental cars downshifting when intending to upshift and lugged even more when upshifting attempting to downshift. The downshifts were denied by the electronics far more often than an errant upshift. Fun times!

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
When I turn the key on my P5 I let it set for a few seconds to let the glow plug to come online if its cold, damn habits.

Lol! I had a VW clean dirty diesel Passat.. was a great car by the way, anywho... I found myself doing the same thing

Reactions: rtn001