BOX1

P700 Humboldt County, CA

R

Rumplestiltskin

Jan 19, 2018
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here's another shot of my new 2018 Pearl Orange Pioneer 700-4..
The local dealer had several in stock. All camo. Up here in remote Humboldt County (far northern CA - 5 hour drive north of San Francisco), this is Marijuana Country. There are literally thousands & thousands of both licensed & illegal pot farms scattered all around the off-the-grid rugged hills in Humboldt County.
It is a HUGE industry - mostly black market..
The dealer said between the hunters and the pot growers - all they ever sell is the camo.
I don't hunt - and I don't grow pot (though I was a bit of a stoner-dude back in the 70's - heh, heh)...so I told the salesman "Order me one of those newfangled 2018 orange ones, please" - He looked at me like I was a tinkerbell & tried to throw in some accessories to entice me to buy a camo one he had in stock. I held my ground. "Nope, I want orange", I said.
It took 2 weeks - came all the way from L.A. 950 miles south... but I got my orange toy.
It's only about a 4 hour drive up to the famous Oregon Dunes National ATV recreation area from here. I knew I was gonna want a seperate set of wheels w/ the sand / paddle tires...so I had the dealer order me some larger fancy-ass 14" wheels and 27" buzz-saw tires...and am having sand -specific tires put on the stock wheels. Damn I'm smart....
This photo is from last Saturday. My 2nd time out.... I REALLY want to use the winch accessory. My goal next time is to get stuck somewhere, so I can test it out.
Num2

Last edited:
R

Rumplestiltskin

Jan 19, 2018
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-4
The local dealer had several in stock. All camo. Up here in remote Humboldt County (far northern CA - 5 hour drive north of San Francisco), this is Marijuana Country. There are literally thousands & thousands of both licensed & illegal pot farms scattered all around the off-the-grid rugged hills in Humboldt County.
The Honda dealer said between the hunters and the pot growers - all they ever sell is the camo.
I don't hunt - and I don't grow pot (though I was a bit of a stoner-dude back in the 70's - heh, heh)...so I told the salesman "Order me one of those newfangled 2018 orange ones, please" - He looked at me like I was a tinkerbell & tried to throw in some accessories to entice me to buy a camo one he had in stock. I held my ground. "Nope, I want orange", I said.
It took 2 weeks - came all the way from L.A. 950 miles south... but I got my orange toy.
It's only about a 4 hour drive up to the famous coastal Oregon Dunes National ATV Recreation Area from here. I knew I was gonna want a separate set of wheels w/ the sand / paddle tires...so I had the dealer order me some larger fancy-ass 14" wheels and 27" buzz-saw tires...and am having sand -specific tires put on the stock wheels. Damn I'm smart....
This photo is from last Saturday. My 2nd time out.... I REALLY want to use the winch accessory. My goal next time is to get stuck somewhere, so I can test it out. Wish me luck...
My next door neighbor is my insurance agent. The day after I bought it, he came waddling over & said "nice... you know you'll need theft & liability insurance on that thing, right?"
Sheesh....

View attachment 63473

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
The dealer said between the hunters and the pot growers - all they ever sell is the camo.
It's only about a 4 hour drive up to the famous Oregon Dunes National ATV recreation area from here. I knew I was gonna want a seperate set of wheels w/ the sand / paddle tires...so I had the dealer order me some larger fancy-ass 14" wheels and 27" buzz-saw tires...and am having sand -specific tires put on the stock wheels. Damn I'm smart....
This photo is from last Saturday. My 2nd time out.... I REALLY want to use the winch accessory. My goal next time is to get stuck somewhere, so I can test it out.View attachment 63473
Get some accessories on the naked girl...And keep your nose to the wind for them good smellz ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Used to be the best weed in the country, Humboldt County Red Hair. Colorado might be giving them a run for their money nowadays.
Definitely not a place to pull off the side of the road and go for an unmapped hike. o_O

R

Rumplestiltskin

Jan 19, 2018
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-4
Used to be the best weed in the country, Humboldt County Red Hair. Colorado might be giving them a run for their money nowadays.
Definitely not a place to pull off the side of the road and go for an unmapped hike. o_O
Nah... Humboldt County, & Northern California in general supplies Colorado & the rest of the world with their best weed.
One puff and you get a shrunken head & bulging eyes like that dude in the Beetlejuice movie.
My plan is to put my new Pioneer in 4 wheel drive, fly through a pot field screaming & yelling & pull out a plant by the roots & put it behind my ear for decoration. I'll outrun those hippies in my Honda!

Reactions: Mudwing
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Personally, I love the orange, but I don't know if the 700 will be much of A dune machine.

R

Rumplestiltskin

Jan 19, 2018
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-4
Personally, I love the orange, but I don't know if the 700 will be much of A dune machine.
You're right - you don't know.....Trust me, this orange beauty "700" could throw spin circles around you and your go-cart on the dunes....Honda installs a secret rocket fuel injection ONLY on their orange ones.

Reactions: DG Rider
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I like the orange 700's , but the red ones are still the fastest lol. I wouldn't be in any hurry to go getting stuck if I were you, just make sure you have something rugged enough to hook the winch to when you do. I got mine stuck the first day I owned it (prewinch) in deep snow, was not fun getting it unstuck at all.
I wouldn't worry about out running the pot heads after you run through their fields,I would worry more about out running the gun they may be carrying, I know the 700 not fast enough for that.

Reactions: Mudwing
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You're right - you don't know.....Trust me, this orange beauty "700" could throw spin circles around you and your go-cart on the dunes....Honda installs a secret rocket fuel injection ONLY on their orange ones.
LOL....well, that's good to know. Guess next time I'll get the orange one.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Explains why our silver 700-4 isn't much of a spin circle throwing dune racer lol

R

Rumplestiltskin

Jan 19, 2018
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-4
I like the orange 700's , but the red ones are still the fastest lol. I wouldn't be in any hurry to go getting stuck if I were you, just make sure you have something rugged enough to hook the winch to when you do. I got mine stuck the first day I owned it (prewinch) in deep snow, was not fun getting it unstuck at all.
I wouldn't worry about out running the pot heads after you run through their fields,I would worry more about out running the gun they may be carrying, I know the 700 not fast enough for that.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!