P1000m5 I’m in a bind w/SATV Arms

D

Drose807

Sep 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Folks,

Before you lecture, I know I should of just bought new! I get it!

My rig is a 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe stock! I bought used SATV arms from someone kind of local that had 100 miles on them. I did the rear install no problem BUT when I went to install the front, my top arm is not the same! The one from SATV has two separate ends and the stock has a solid end going from mount to mount. The bolt makes the SATV arms loose so I’m hoping it’s just the matter of not having the right bushings.

On SATV site, I have what is pictured but I see in all of the install videos, they use to look more like the stock in the mounting area. I have attached two photos showing new arms and stock.

Does anyone know if these are wrong??? Or is it the matter of getting different bushings? I’d call SATV but it’s Saturday and I’m hoping for an answer from the community to keep me at peace!!!
749b2a37857b76e2f8f8ec94a4689559
414eec393b5101af85f31ad230d9684e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If this is a set for a Pioneer 1000. Then what you have is a set for a 2022 pioneer 1000.

Starting 2022, the design was updated to what you see.

No, they will not work.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

D

Drose807

Sep 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
If this is a set for a Pioneer 1000. Then what you have is a set for a 2022 pioneer 1000.

Starting 2022, the design was updated to what you see.

No, they will not work.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The guy said his was a 2022 Pioneer 1000 base model but he advertised them as 2016+. So I’m SOL aren’t I?

D

Drose807

Sep 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
So if anyone knows of someone who is in the market for a used set of SATV A-Arms for a 2022, please let me know!

Asking $750 plus shipping if needed!

Front Lower 2 Front Lower Front Upper Front Arms Rear upper 2 Rear Upper 1 Rear Lower 2 Rear Lower 1 Rear Arms

D

Drose807

Sep 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Yup, unless you sell them and make some money back.
Or Tell the guy he was wrong and get your money back for vv f n advertising.
Yeah, I tried and he complained that he had to spend money to ship them. Unfortunately it was more of a handshake deal over FB Marketplace. He apparently is not a man of his word!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The rears will work. No warranty with used arms. You will have to find a sucker to pay that price.
New would be $1,250 for fronts + ball joints and rears, but no warranty. Someone still might want the full set for somewhere near his asking price (allowing a little room for haggling). Warranty only covers the arms, not the ball joints or bushings.

Did the lower front arms also change in 2022, or just the uppers? If not, I have two brand new still in the bubble wrap LOWER front SATV arms for 2016-2021. If they were uppers, I'd help him out of his jam. Sadly, they are not.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
D

Drose807

Sep 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
That was what I was going to ask come Monday. I’m wondering if the full set of rear and front lower are all the same as previous years and maybe I can get away with buying the front upper.

If they charge a crazy amount then I’ll just buy the full set. I’m trying to keep the full set together rather than do that just because I’ll never be able to sell just half of it or a quarter of the package.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
That was what I was going to ask come Monday. I’m wondering if the full set of rear and front lower are all the same as previous years and maybe I can get away with buying the front upper.

If they charge a crazy amount then I’ll just buy the full set. I’m trying to keep the full set together rather than do that just because I’ll never be able to sell just half of it or a quarter of the package.

I would PM user @SuperATV and see if they can hook you up for a reasonable price (that's if the lower fronts didn't change).

Your best bet is to buy a full front set for the 2021, use the rear set you have, and sell the full set for the 2022 and minimize your loss. You'll have the lifetime warranty on the fronts then, too.

Again, if these were uppers that I have instead of lowers, I would be able to help. But this may end up as a kinda expensive lesson learned: Never trust FB sellers and do your research before you buy used.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The front lower was also changed, however I'm not sure if the mounting brackets were changed, as in bushing width and space between them.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
New would be $1,250 for fronts + ball joints and rears, but no warranty. Someone still might want the full set for somewhere near his asking price (allowing a little room for haggling). Warranty only covers the arms, not the ball joints or bushings.

Did the lower front arms also change in 2022, or just the uppers? If not, I have two brand new still in the bubble wrap LOWER front SATV arms for 2016-2021. If they were uppers, I'd help him out of his jam. Sadly, they are not.
I didn't see they had those overpriced balljoints lol. OEM balljoints are good to go for less than $20 each.

D

Drose807

Sep 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I talked with SATV on the phone yesterday and they did confirm that the rear arms are the same from 2016-2022. They did switch up both the front upper and lower arms. So I just placed an order for new fronts. Will keep the rears installed but still try to sell the entire set and will just get new rears if I can. I’m still willing to let the arms go for what I paid for them if anybody has a 2022.

Also just placed an order today for the OEM ball joints and hardware as well as 30” Tusk Megabites and 14” Tusk Uinta Beadlocks 5+2 (that’s all they had).

Just sold my talon takeoffs today and had to put my rig on jacks until new shoes come.
A48ed22712d7bb192be695b5088167fe

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I talked with SATV on the phone yesterday and they did confirm that the rear arms are the same from 2016-2022. They did switch up both the front upper and lower arms. So I just placed an order for new fronts. Will keep the rears installed but still try to sell the entire set and will just get new rears if I can. I’m still willing to let the arms go for what I paid for them if anybody has a 2022.

Also just placed an order today for the OEM ball joints and hardware as well as 30” Tusk Megabites and 14” Tusk Uinta Beadlocks 5+2 (that’s all they had).

Just sold my talon takeoffs today and had to put my rig on jacks until new shoes come.
View attachment 387749

I think you made the right choices, @Drose807. Honestly, I would not worry about selling the rears arms just to buy a new set to get a warranty. Just put those fronts up for sale and be done with the whole mess.

I just put 30" Tusk Terrabite Aramids on 15" Tusk Uinta beadlocks, all in 5+2 all the way around. You're going to want to order some wheel spacers to even up the fronts and rears, as the OEM wheels are not the same offset/backspacing all the way around. I highly recommend the Honda Pioneer 1000 Wide Track Bundle from forum sponsor @RB3offroad. That includes 1" spacers for the fronts and 1.5" spacers for the rear. Not only does it even things up, but it widens the stance just enough to improve stability without really having to worry too much about stressing the rest of your setup. Give Joann @ RB3 Offroad a call and she will most likely provide a forum member discount.

D

Drose807

Sep 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
@Scoop The only reason I was going to try and do the whole set is that I assumed someone would be more apt to purchase the entire set. I would just sell the front if I had someone willing, but would also consider the entire set for someone if needed. I am completely fine with the rear set as they are in great shape. I have reached out to RB3, thanks for the advice!

Reactions: ChadD and Rayger143
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've wondered if the new uppers are the same overall width as the older version, where one could weld in two extra tabs and update their machine to a two-bolt upper like my Texas Tough Customs kit did on my 2018 (?) Probably not. Especially if they also changed the front lowers.

Reactions: ChadD
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I've wondered if the new uppers are the same overall width as the older version, where one could weld in two extra tabs and update their machine to a two-bolt upper like my Texas Tough Customs kit did on my 2018 (?) Probably not. Especially if they also changed the front lowers.

Quite frankly, the question isn't "What did SATV change?" but "What did HONDA change?" SATV could most certainly change something between the A-Arm mount points and the hub and not (necessarily) matter. What matters is what Honda changed with the A-Arm mount points (obvious change here) and/or the front hub.

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!