P1000m3 I am new to this. First time. Hope I'm doing it the right way.

R

Rocking F

Nov 25, 2022
California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am in the process of retiring my 2016 Pioneer 700. I have had it for 7 years and have used it every day. It has 30,600 miles on it. The only thing that I can complain about is it has always burned oil. Every 3 tanks of gas and I'd have to add oil. Finally the rear u joint wore out. Its in the shop right now getting that fixed. Now I'll pass it down to my Grandkids. I hope it will last for a little while for them.
I am buying a new Pioneer 1000-3. I have been looking for an over the hood front rack. I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where to find a good front rack? Also I'm looking for a plastic roof that is easy to remove and then put back on. I hope I'm doing this the right way. Thanks for your help.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club.

Ya to get started. You pick a category and make a post. You did well. Just need a real title next time bassed on your topic you want to discuss.

As for a front rack. There is a few out there.
Lookup baddawg and strongmade.
Also Rough Countey has a nice one.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@SaltwaterSlick has a front rack I think. He might can help out. Also the Honda oem roof is nice. I'm pretty sure the roof clamps for it come off easily.
That's pretty awesome you put 30,000 miles on the 700. Might be the most I've seen on here for a 700. You'll defintely enjoy the 1000 compared to the 700 when you get it.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am in the process of retiring my 2016 Pioneer 700. I have had it for 7 years and have used it every day. It has 30,600 miles on it. The only thing that I can complain about is it has always burned oil. Every 3 tanks of gas and I'd have to add oil. Finally the rear u joint wore out. Its in the shop right now getting that fixed. Now I'll pass it down to my Grandkids. I hope it will last for a little while for them.
I am buying a new Pioneer 1000-3. I have been looking for an over the hood front rack. I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where to find a good front rack? Also I'm looking for a plastic roof that is easy to remove and then put back on. I hope I'm doing this the right way. Thanks for your help.
welcome from Ohio

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome from NW Arkansas!

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Howdy from South Dakota Sir !

The Great part about this site is :
THERE IS NO WRONG WAY !

Just some good natured ribbing and lots of Good Advice.

Make sure to check out the Club Store. Lots of good things to help you with any mods you maybe planning.

Just yesterday, I made the leap from a 700 to a 1000-5 as well.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome from South Florida

Post so pics of the 700 and the 1K when you can 👍

Can't help you with the rack but the OEM hard roof is pretty easy to take off/on and as durable as they come.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@SaltwaterSlick has a front rack I think. He might can help out. Also the Honda oem roof is nice. I'm pretty sure the roof clamps for it come off easily.
That's pretty awesome you put 30,000 miles on the 700. Might be the most I've seen on here for a 700. You'll defintely enjoy the 1000 compared to the 700 when you get it.
X2 on the miles. I wanna see pics lol

R

Rocking F

Nov 25, 2022
California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Holy moly you guys are from all over the place. Hi back at all of you that responded to me. Thanks for all the helpful advice. I'll get some pictures of the speedometer and the unit also. Will have to have my son or grand kids show me how to put the pictures where they go. I might not have told you but I'm an old guy, 74 yrs young. I'm a rancher here in California and that unit is my main mode for transportation.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'll get some pictures of the speedometer and the unit also
I'm a rancher here in California
Welcome from the new Libtard state of Michigan!

yup, better post some pics..
Pics It Didnt Hapen!

Hurry up and Buy that P1k3 before Kalifornia bands all your Gas powered machines! @$7 a gal cost alot to fill up a rig there these days too!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!