I crossed over to the darkside

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That could definitely change things. Thank you for the heads up.

I'm only an hour away im going to take a ride over and see whats going on and stop in at the koa. I also need to talk to my nephew he goes there with his dirt bike and ask if he knows what trails are closed he uses the trailhead at Rodman dam.
Hey, also check to see if you can ride across the road from the KOA to the trail head that is right across the road. I have had a few people tell me that the game wardens wont let you cross the road anymore. I have also been told that it is still ok to cross the road, so who knows. The only reason we even go to that KOA is because you can ride across the road to the trail head. If they cut that out Im not even interested in that campground anymore. The people that run it chase you down like youre a murderer if your sxs gets over 5 mph when youre heading up to the bath house to take a shower.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I decided to mount the mirrors then wire it in when the harness comes in. If anyone wants these there's a few things to know. They are plastic the inserts have a little plastic in front of the threads. Run the bolts in and out with an Allen key by hand I dicked up a thread a 5/16-18 tap later i have them mounted.

20201121 165216

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I decided to mount the mirrors then wire it in when the harness comes in. If anyone wants these there's a few things to know. They are plastic the inserts have a little plastic in front of the threads. Run the bolts in and out with an Allen key by hand I dicked up a thread a 5/16-18 tap later i have them mounted.

View attachment 236495
I have some Xrites that look very similar. They work great, I can use them riding behind someone and it doesn't blind the like my light bar does, because the mirror adjustment. Was going to do pods for side view and side view mirrors, but this works great and are bright.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Average_Joe I had a buddy camp at Ft. McCoy over Thanksgiving. He confirmed youre not allowed to ride across the road from the campground to the trailhead anymore. Its official, the place has gone to s***, I wont be going back. Figured Id give you a heads up.

• Sad
Reactions: Biteme and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Average_Joe I had a buddy camp at Ft. McCoy over Thanksgiving. He confirmed youre not allowed to ride across the road from the campground to the trailhead anymore. Its official, the place has gone to s***, I wont be going back. Figured Id give you a heads up.
Well that does suck!
Makes sense, when I called about a month back to check for the dates we wanting to plan here, the lady said now they trailer people to n from the trail head. That sounded dumb being that its so close. She said law enforcement are being pricks about it 🤷‍♂️

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well that does suck!
Makes sense, when I called about a month back to check for the dates we wanting to plan here, the lady said now they trailer people to n from the trail head. That sounded dumb being that its so close. She said law enforcement are being pricks about it 🤷‍♂️
Yeah my buddy said theres a guy with an F250 with a long trailer and he loads people up, drives them a couple hundred yards to the other side, and unloads them. He says you gotta wait in a long line for the trailer to come back. Its like a damn ferry that takes cars across a river lol. I told him thats the dumbest thing I ever heard of.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah my buddy said theres a guy with an F250 with a long trailer and he loads people up, drives them a couple hundred yards to the other side, and unloads them. He says you gotta wait in a long line for the trailer to come back. Its like a damn ferry that takes cars across a river lol. I told him thats the dumbest thing I ever heard of.
that's so f**** stupid!

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I haven't posted on here in a while I have some updates I have done to the Cat and one is rewiring everything but my stereo to a new system that will make everything cleaner.

I was a bit annoyed every accessory required a separate harness, relay, fuse and switch wired in. And being overly ocd with keeping my wires tidy. I spent 6 hours wiring in my MB Quart system. I knew there had to be a cleaner way. I found a company named Trigger. Im taking all my wiring apart and wiring everything to the trigger it handles relays, fuses and wiring with remote switches and has an app to dim or strobe my lights.

This was after our day at Fat Daddys in the sand

20210102 115201

20210102 115150

20210115 175835

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I haven't wired in the trigger yet im getting some parts lined up, I am working on getting a battery tray I bought two lithium 20ah batteries to run my accessories off. Lithium recharge quickly and depending on conditions can see 2000 to 5000 cycles. They can also go 90% dead before you start harming them. I was doing some math with crayons and a 35lb PC925 is 35ah rated you only get truly 25-28ah before its dead. With lithium you get 90% of your AH rating with a 20ah you get 18ah of power. With my two matching 20ah in parallel ill get 36 of the 40ah rating with minimum of 2000 discharge/recharge cycles. I have $130 into the two batterys and roughly 15lbs of additional weight.

I broke out my crayons again and doing the math $187, 25ish ah and 30odd pounds vs $130, 36ah and 15lbs lithium was the better option. My main battery is the size of a pc925 and is handling everything I have thrown at it including running the stereo for 2 hours and still cranked the 951cc twin. Im currently running the stereo, side mirrors and whips off stock battery and stator. Im adding a 17,000 lumen 20in light bar by Vision-X to the roof and a 10in Rigid hyperspot to the front those two additional accessories is why im adding the additional batteries. I have the lithium isolator on order.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!