I did the unthinkable

S

Sportshot

Aug 24, 2013
I looked at Can AM DefenderXT, Yamaha Wolverine K2, Honda Pioneer 1000 Deluxe and Polaris XP1000. you guys will think I'm crazy but I bought the Polaris. I know that many of you believe they are undependable and for how you use a UTV they may be. I use them as a glorified golf cart with some easy trail riding to boot. I'm almost 73 years old so you guys may not have the same opinions and will probably use your machines to their absolute capability. I hope to never need to get out and use the winch!

My Opinions:

Honda- There is absolutely minimal storage and the foot room is very limited. I was all set to buy it and my wife said "You really don't look comfortable" I had to admit my size 12 feet and arthritis ravaged legs had very little room to move around. So I walked out on that deal.

Can AM Defender XT10- I really believed that this unit would be the best after the Honda. I found it to have a little more room than the Honda but the height of the cab was considerably more and my wife said she would need a step to easily get in. I agreed that it was not the machine for us but I liked the storage and some of the other features compared to the Honda.

Yamaha- Now that was just too small in the cab.

Polaris- The XP and the SOHC1000 had a little more room and better storage options than the Honda or Yamaha. The storage under seat is not as good as the Can AM but better than the Honda.

Kawasaki- I actually waited a few weeks longer than I intended to because I wanted to see what their new products were going to be. What a joke! Nothing more than "LIPSTICK ON A PIG" If they would have addressed the heat and noise in the Teryx I would have considered taking a serious look at them. The three year warranty and large sealed storage compartments behind the front seats were very appealing to me.

I have to wonder if the Japanese brands really look at the size of many Americans and Canadians in considering how much cab room is enough. We are not 5' 6" and 150 lbs. Whether we should be or not is a different question. They should be building products to what their target market is. A few more inches of Wheelbase would make a huge difference in how comfortable a machine is.

H

HondaTech

Whatever fits you, there's a seat for every ass. If everyone only bought one brand, the world would be alot less interesting.

May your ownership be trouble free and full of happy memories!!

RIDE ON!!!!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I looked at Can AM DefenderXT, Yamaha Wolverine K2, Honda Pioneer 1000 Deluxe and Polaris XP1000. you guys will think I'm crazy but I bought the Polaris. I know that many of you believe they are undependable and for how you use a UTV they may be. I use them as a glorified golf cart with some easy trail riding to boot. I'm almost 73 years old so you guys may not have the same opinions and will probably use your machines to their absolute capability. I hope to never need to get out and use the winch!

My Opinions:

Honda- There is absolutely minimal storage and the foot room is very limited. I was all set to buy it and my wife said "You really don't look comfortable" I had to admit my size 12 feet and arthritis ravaged legs had very little room to move around. So I walked out on that deal.

Can AM Defender XT10- I really believed that this unit would be the best after the Honda. I found it to have a little more room than the Honda but the height of the cab was considerably more and my wife said she would need a step to easily get in. I agreed that it was not the machine for us but I liked the storage and some of the other features compared to the Honda.

Polaris- The XP and the SOHC1000 had a little more room and better storage options than the Honda or Yamaha. The storage under seat is not as good as the Can AM but better than the Honda.

Kawasaki- I actually waited a few weeks longer than I intended to because I wanted to see what their new products were going to be. What a joke! Nothing more than "LIPSTICK ON A PIG" If they would have addressed the heat and noise in the Teryx I would have considered taking a serious look at them. The three year warranty and large sealed storage compartments behind the front seats were very appealing to me.

I have to wonder if the Japanese brands really look at the size of many Americans and Canadians in considering how much cab room is enough. We are not 5' 6" and 150 lbs. Whether we should be or not is a different question. They should be building products to what their target market is. A few more inches of Wheelbase would make a huge difference in how comfortable a machine is.
Good luck.

H

HondaSXS1343

Aug 15, 2020
US

My Opinions:

Good luck, I had a 2017 Polaris XP EPS that was a lot of fun. My family expanded beyond the single bench that I had. I never had any problems with mine, but didn't put a ton of miles on it either. A guy near me has a full cab Polaris XP1000 and I have to admit, during the winter that cab is hard to beat! I have a 1000-5 now, and haven't had issues with space, and definitely love the machine. To each their own, what matters the most is you're able to get out there!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Sportshot
Congratulations on your new purchase. I have neighbors/friends that own a Polaris product. There is good and bad with any buggy! Enjoy.....Best of luck , hope you got a good deal!

S

Sportshot

Aug 24, 2013
What a welcome surprise, I expected to be flamed as an idiot. My new ride won't be here until Tuesday and it's winter with enough snow in most areas that I won't be riding much soon. Looking forward to trying it out.

Hondasxs forum has a bunch of great members who know its not about what you ride, its about riding and having fun.

G

GuyOnABuffalo

My Opinions:

You and me both were disappointed in the Kawi reveal. I was wanting a 4 seat KRX or at least an updated tyrex for the family, after being so pleased with the 2 seat KRX. Good luck with your purchase, I hope it serves you well!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!