I got Slimed Today!

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well, for about a year now I have had a very slow leak in one of my tires. It appears that I have had a few Thorn holes leaking air and I didn't want to enlarge them with a plug. This weekend myself , Son and Grandson went to the Deer Lease and I ran over many Thorny bushes to beat down many paths for future shooting lanes. Knowing that I would probably experience many more leaks, I decided to put slime in all tires to prevent more leaking tires. I purchased a Gallon Pump container and after removing all valve stem cores I pumped the recommended Slime to each tire which was 28 ounces per tire. That seems a little bit too much but I did it anyway. For those of you that have used this product, what are your thoughts? I plan to change my tires myself as I have a Harbor Freight changer that I have used many times. I have changed quite a few motorcycle tires using it. I am concerned of the mess to cleanup when I do change tires. What has been your experience changing tires with this product? By the way, the tires run very smooth afterwards! I used Dyna Beads in all Motorcycle tires and was very impressed with the balancing abilities of those!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, for about a year now I have had a very slow leak in one of my tires. It appears that I have had a few Thorn holes leaking air and I didn't want to enlarge them with a plug. This weekend myself , Son and Grandson went to the Deer Lease and I ran over many Thorny bushes to beat down many paths for future shooting lanes. Knowing that I would probably experience many more leaks, I decided to put slime in all tires to prevent more leaking tires. I purchased a Gallon Pump container and after removing all valve stem cores I pumped the recommended Slime to each tire which was 28 ounces per tire. That seems a little bit too much but I did it anyway. For those of you that have used this product, what are your thoughts? I plan to change my tires myself as I have a Harbor Freight changer that I have used many times. I have changed quite a few motorcycle tires using it. I am concerned of the mess to cleanup when I do change tires. What has been your experience changing tires with this product? By the way, the tires run very smooth afterwards! I used Dyna Beads in all Motorcycle tires and was very impressed with the balancing abilities of those!
Tire shops just love Slime and tubeless tires! Might want to take your tire machine outside? HA!

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I dont think it's any worse to deal with than a tire full of mud and old s***ty smelling water. I've got an atv that's had the tires on it and slimed for 12 years no plugs in any of them and no flats.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I dont think it's any worse to deal with than a tire full of mud and old s***ty smelling water. I've got an atv that's had the tires on it and slimed for 12 years no plugs in any of them and no flats.
I agree. The ones full of mud are the worst. I changed all 4 tires on a Pioneer 500 2 weeks ago for a friend. 1 had a tube, 1 with slime, 1 full of mud and the other 1 clean. The 1 in the picture is from my four wheeler I let a friend borrow a month ago. Knocked it off the rim in the middle of a mudhole. Had to use staring fluid to get it back on. Royal blue trail 9 carnage.
20200907 200116

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Slime is not as bad as the "Fix-A-Flat" of days gone by. Just tell the tire shop if you have someone else do it. It's a little messy but not to bad.

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!