Anyone hit the trails today?

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here in north central WV it was in the 60’s today with everything being damp from yesterday’s rain. That being said it was a good opportunity to hit it. The wife and I trailered our machine over to a buddies. He jumped in his machine and took us over to meet up with some of his buddies. Mine had about 20 miles on it when we left and the odometer was just over 50 when I pulled it onto the trailer. So 30 miles in about 4 hours. Very little blacktop about half dirt roads and about half pretty rugged trails. We cut across gas and powerline right of ways, up and down ridges and around numerous switchbacks and had a blast. I only snapped just a few pics. But here they are IMG 1855IMG 1857IMG 1858

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here in north central WV it was in the 60’s today with everything being damp from yesterday’s rain. That being said it was a good opportunity to hit it. The wife and I trailered our machine over to a buddies. He jumped in his machine and took us over to meet up with some of his buddies. Mine had about 20 miles on it when we left and the odometer was just over 50 when I pulled it onto the trailer. So 30 miles in about 4 hours. Very little blacktop about half dirt roads and about half pretty rugged trails. We cut across gas and powerline right of ways, up and down ridges and around numerous switchbacks and had a blast. I only snapped just a few pics. But here they are View attachment 420188View attachment 420189View attachment 420190
#oleguy sayin' take more photos, they'll remind you of things/locations you forget. I just posted a few on another site and they brought back some great memories. 😍

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hear ya CID, I’m not a young guy (turning 48 Tuesday) and I fully appreciate pictures being able to jog the memory. Truth is we were either moving fast or I had my hands full most of the time. So I was too in the moment I’d forgotten to take more pictures. Maybe next time… there were actually some moments I’d like to have captured. You know the oh s*** kind. Maybe I need a dash cam or a GoPro and a mount to document stuff better. Anyone doing anything like that?

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also have to say I’m pretty impressed with this machine. The group was 2 RZRs and Kymco mxu and me. The RZR guys made over it when we stopped for gas and drinks and it attracted a lot of attention from the other customers. But more importantly it hung with more experienced riders and I had less problems than some of them

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I hear ya CID, I’m not a young guy (turning 48 Tuesday) and I fully appreciate pictures being able to jog the memory. Truth is we were either moving fast or I had my hands full most of the time. So I was too in the moment I’d forgotten to take more pictures. Maybe next time… there were actually some moments I’d like to have captured. You know the oh s*** kind. Maybe I need a dash cam or a GoPro and a mount to document stuff better. Anyone doing anything like that?
I have a helmet cam mounted over my right ear. The problem for me is that video editing sucks, so I have a lot of videos that need to be stitched together and that's tormenting me. But the ones I've made make me happy.

An example -

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I have a helmet cam mounted over my right ear. The problem for me is that video editing sucks, so I have a lot of videos that need to be stitched together and that's tormenting me. But the ones I've made make me happy.

An example -
Not trying to hijack your thread s-45 but CID, a couple of questions.
Where was the video taken? Seems like you knew the trail pretty good.
Had you rode it before?
When you slowed down for the drive by(pew pew pew) was that a moose or elk ? Up top what was your cruising speed? When you got down into the trees you seemed to hit a few more gears, what was your average speed there? Awesome video, felt like I was riding with you. Makes me want to buy a talon.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not trying to hijack your thread s-45 but CID, a couple of questions.
Where was the video taken? Seems like you knew the trail pretty good.
Had you rode it before?
When you slowed down for the drive by(pew pew pew) was that a moose or elk ? Up top what was your cruising speed? When you got down into the trees you seemed to hit a few more gears, what was your average speed there? Awesome video, felt like I was riding with you. Makes me want to buy a talon.
My apologies to s-45 too - ☺️

Taken southwest of Denver, my closest riding area, so, yes, I've ridden there 'a lot'. That was a big buck, worthy of pew pewing.

I can't share my average speed, there's a speed limit and I may have, or may not have, leaned on it 'a bit' (but totally by accident, I swear). That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :cool: Line of sight is pretty good and as many times as I've encountered incoming, I've had no close calls.

Lots of gear changes because it gets twistier and steeper. The high trafficked erosion (no sharp edges) is an absolute blast to ride.

Having the camera mounted outside my right ear is the best location for 'sharing the ride', lots of people have commented that it's like being there. Same for me when I watch them.

The dual range, six speed, paddle shiftin' dirt kart is more fun than should be legal. 😍

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not trying to hijack your thread s-45
By all means hijack away. That video was pretty good. My ride was much different much slower (covering 30 miles in 4 hours). There was a switchback I recall that was so sharp so off camber and so downhill I absolutely could not see the trail. Thankfully it was rutted really bad so it was like the machine was on rails. It was also really tight. I rubbed some low hanging branches and all day we were fighting green briars and small brush that gave me some nice WV pinstripes. I really wish I had more photos/video to share. In the flip side I really enjoy seeing where other people are wheeling so hijack away

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!