P1000 I need power terminal block help please.

B

BamaDave

Apr 28, 2021
South Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone have a listing on when a relay is actually required? Those and wiring up the switches are the areas that I’m somewhat fuzzy on!

Reactions: coleman4868
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have a listing on when a relay is actually required? Those and wiring up the switches are the areas that I’m somewhat fuzzy on!
Generally speaking, if an accessory draws over 6 to 8 amps (10 or over for sure), it's a good idea to use a relay - a Bosch style 5-pin will do nicely. This accomplishes several things. It allows the accessory to be wired with appropriately heavier wire without having to run that heavy wire to the panel switch. It also takes the current load off the panel switch and gives that job to the relay. Those rocker switches are supposedly rated at 20 amps, though that's a bit of a stretch for most, that are suited for 10 amps max. Another advantage or using a relay (with the resulting shorter and heavier wiring run from battery to device) is there's less voltage drop in the wiring run, so the device gets optimum power and your not wasting so much power in the form of heated wiring. Stuff that it's good to have wired with a relay include:

Light bars
Stereo
Horn
Windshield wipers
Targeting radar, rocket launchers and electric driven Gatling guns
Anything with a good size electric motor (fans and such)

I

Ingfam

Apr 13, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bumperm, I have looked on SuperATV and can't find the Targeting radar, rocket launcher or the one I really am the most interested in the Gatling gun. Can you please provide the link?
Good Job Bumperm.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bumperm, I have looked on SuperATV and can't find the Targeting radar, rocket launcher or the one I really am the most interested in the Gatling gun. Can you please provide the link?
Good Job Bumperm.
Are you looking for custom switches?
Check here:

Or here:

Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good Job Bumperm.
There are apparently only a dozen transferrable M134's (Minigun), so when shopping you'll want to have at least $250,000 handy. The over $800 in ammo cost for a 12 second burst of fire ain't chump change either.

Reactions: JenElio and Ingfam
I

Ingfam

Apr 13, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh Dang, I don't think that will fit my budget, but a guy can dream. I do like your list of accessories though.

Reactions: bumperm
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could always install a fake one. Reminds me, years ago, well, before 2005 anyway, I used to own this little biplane.

DSC01208

It was painted in the livery of the previous owner's P12E, Navy F4-B4 he flew out of Pensacola. FL during WW2. It was the last carrier based biplane in the Navy, had 2 30 cal machine guns. I was going to put fake ones on top of the cowl, but never did get around to it. This plane is in New Zealand now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!