P1000 I need power terminal block help please.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I saw a thread a few weeks ago about under the hood power distribution, I can't find it, I need help ordering terminal blocks for winch, wet sounds Stealth hook up and a Wet Sounds sub woofer power plus lights and stuff; running out of room and all I can find on Amazon is a 5/16 4 place power terminal block, will that work?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw a thread a few weeks ago about under the hood power distribution, I can't find it, I need help ordering terminal blocks for winch, wet sounds Stealth hook up and a Wet Sounds sub woofer power plus lights and stuff; running out of room and all I can find on Amazon is a 5/16 4 place power terminal block, will that work?
Not sure what you wanting..but winch need to be wired direct to battery..pribably the sub power too

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not sure what you wanting..but winch need to be wired direct to battery..pribably the sub power too
My Warn 4000 winch is hooked direct to my 2nd AGM battery after the battery isolator. I have a Wet Sounds Stealth 6 hooked to that side as well but I'm adding a Wet Sounds WS 6 Sub Woofer and I'm out of hook up area. I found a nice 5/16" power terminal insulated block with a neutral block of the same design that has 4 places, it will work but I know I'll add stuff later. Looking for pictures of other peoples stuff.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Warn 4000 winch is hooked direct to my 2nd AGM battery after the battery isolator. I have a Wet Sounds Stealth 6 hooked to that side as well but I'm adding a Wet Sounds WS 6 Sub Woofer and I'm out of hook up area. I found a nice 5/16" power terminal insulated block with a neutral block of the same design that has 4 places, it will work but I know I'll add stuff later. Looking for pictures of other peoples stuff.
Ok..gotcha now. Here is my setup..its similar to everyone elses.
20180901 214230
20180901 095652

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Bushman makes a nice fuse box with 10 fuses that you could power out of. You also need switches and solenoids where appropriate. Here are some options.

Concours Specialties

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The only accessory I have in there without a fuse is the Warn Winch, is there something out there that has a good sized lug for the winch and a circuit breaker or fuse then room for lights, bilge fan etc?
Ok..gotcha now. Here is my setup..its similar to everyone elses.
View attachment 91061
View attachment 91062
Nice, do you have a picture with the top off on that box on the lower left?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was able to make all my connections that required a +12vdc tap at the battery, either the original or the new 2nd accessory/winch battery. And that includes the dual charger connections. I did add a ground block with multiple taps to make connecting all the grounds together easier.

Image Image

Blue Seas makes a nice variety of buss bars. They can be used with either ground or plus voltage as the mounting points are not tied to the buss bar.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-Common-Busbar/dp/B0091VHLW4?tag=sxsweb24-20

FredD

Last edited:
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Agreed! Should be a sticky for sure!

If Someone can't figure it out using that tutorial... maybe they should get someone to help them!

If I was doing mine over, I would definitely use those connectors. Very nice. Although one of the other guys used recycled Honda auto connectors from the scrap yard with good success.

Good luck with your project!

FredD

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

If Someone can't figure it out using that tutorial... maybe they should get someone to help them!

If I was doing mine over, I would definitely use those connectors. Very nice. Although one of the other guys used recycled Honda auto connectors from the scrap yard with good success.

FredD

There are a lot of ways to skin the cat, its about like the 9mm, .40,.45 or Ford,Chevy,Ram arguments. They all accomplish the same goal just depends on how you want to get there.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was able to make all my connections that required a +12vdc tap at the battery, either the original or the new 2nd accessory/winch battery. And that includes the dual charger connections. I did add a ground block with multiple taps to make connecting all the grounds together easier.

View attachment 91105 View attachment 91106

Blue Seas makes a nice variety of buss bars. They can be used with either ground or plus voltage as the mounting points are not tied to the buss bar.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-Common-Busbar/dp/B0091VHLW4?tag=sxsweb24-20

FredD
Clean and tidy as well. ;)

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

FredD
Okay, I guess I got the hint. The reason I want to know, other than I want it right, is: I'm a licensed Plumbing/Excavation Contractor with a Journeymans electrical license. Our main bread and butter is Sewage Lift Stations and high voltage controls. I'm out of my wheel house doing this other than I've worked on my personal vehicles for years. :)

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There are a lot of ways to skin the cat, its about like the 9mm, .40,.45 or Ford,Chevy,Ram arguments. They all accomplish the same goal just depends on how you want to get there.
I'm a 9mm, .40, .45 or .223 kinda guy, Endowment Life member of the NRA, I have owned Ford Powerstroke trucks (12) since 1997 and just bought my first Chevy (2018) dually with a Duramax....I kick my self in the ass for that last one.

I'm now (winch, wet sounds stealth 6" in now) going to hook up my winch, my Wet Sounds Stealth 6 and Wet Sounds 6" sub woofer to something as well as light bars and maybe a bilge fan in the future. I have an AGM 2nd battery and battery isolator already.

Thanks for the help :)

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Okay, I guess I got the hint. The reason I want to know, other than I want it right, is: I'm a licensed Plumbing/Excavation Contractor with a Journeymans electrical license. Our main bread and butter is Sewage Lift Stations and high voltage controls. I'm out of my wheel house doing this other than I've worked on my personal vehicles for years. :)

If you can do that, you should be able to do this! Plenty of help here and lots of info around.

Good luck!

FredD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!