I proposed today on my Pioneer!

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
So today was a great day! Since both my new Pioneer and new engagement ring happened to be ready for pickup today I decided to take my girlfriend for a ride by the Mississippi River bank near my home to propose... and what better way than to take her in our new toy! So I arrange to pick her up and off we go to the beach. After about ten minutes of riding and having a blast I found the perfect spot by the river to stop and have a romantic walk along the water. To my luck, it starts to rain so I parked in the prettiest spot I could find and stopped the motor. Rain was now starting to come down harder and I was sure glad I installed the new plastic roof first thing before I left home. Well, since the moment was as good as it was gonna get I went ahead with the little talk I had planned, telling her that the Pioneer wasn't the only exciting thing I had planned today. Then out came the little box and shiny diamond!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 773
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 774
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
NO WAY... Dude.. You the bomb. I'm sure soon to be Mrs. Swamper loved it... :D
Congrats.....

Now you know what comes next... Glad you got the 2 extra seats. ;)

Now if you can find a way to squeeze the Pioneer into your wedding... lol

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So...how'd the Pioneer do?

( Congrats! )

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks Bro! Yes she loved the ride too... planning to put many miles on it this weekend. Here's a summary of my impressions today.

Payed attention to a few rattles in the rear as there are more parts involved with the rear seats. I imagine these were dealer related but I found the left rear seat belt assembly on the upper rear frame was not properly tightened and the whole bracket was loose. Also, all screws holding the bench seat back rest were only hand tightened and two were missing. I found one on the rear floor and had to tighten them all.

Steering is awesome! Although there's no ps I am amazed how the vehicle tracks and there is virtually no steering wheel movement on bumpy terrain - it just goes where you steer it !

Power is impressive for its displacement. No complaints here.

I saw quite a bit of discussion about engine braking - I find it to be just right. On level ground brake application is hardly needed and I think any more engine braking would cause unwanted deceleration during down shifts.

Seat are firm but very comfy and it has an excellent ride with the suspension improvements over the BR. The machine has a very solid and high quality feel. Someone mentioned they felt the ride wasn't as good as the Kawasaki Mule. I have been riding a Mule 610 4x4 for 7 years and there is no comparison. The 610 is designed for low speed; it is a great machine for its intended use but it rides like crap compared to the Honda.

On very dusty roads, rear passengers will get dusted as I expected. I'll be ordering the rear fabric panel I believe this will be the ticket.

Plastic roof looks great. I was concerned I wouldn't like the looks but I do. And it installs in 5 minutes with no tools. Highly recommended.

A-arm guards front and rear will be installed first thing tomorrow - then more riding :)

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Congrats on both the new Pioneer but more importantly the engagement!

Question for ya.........Did you trailer your Pioneer out to the riding area and how did the roof fare out during trailering? I was wondering if there was any lift occurring.

Thanks!

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
Congrats on both! What a great weekend for you two!

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks for the kind words guys! No I didn't trailer it with the hard roof. I don't think this will be a problem since it it's very well secured. I do like the fact that the front turns down low acting like a sun visor. I would think this would help reduce any lift also.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
congrats Swamper you'll be filling those back seats up soon!

advertisement
S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks guys! I live in a small country town with family and friends and there's plenty of places to ride. I love taking the neighborhood kids for rides and its one of the reasons I jumped at this Honda. But yes, we'll be working on our own soon! :).

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
I didn't get a chance to congratulate you yet...so congratulations! I got engaged last year this time of year. Enjoy the wedding planning and such. I'm so side tracked right now with my pioneer I put all planning aside till a rainy day. The misses totally understands and doesn't bother me while I am polishing it up and doing laps around the yard.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks Bro! Sounds like you have your priorities in check...lol! She's very agressive with the planning we have a date of Feb 21st already set. I've been dreading the planning part for sure. Always a bigger deal for the gal.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
You should hang a just married sign and tie tin cans on the back of the Pioneer and drive off in that after your wedding... might be a first...

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
Swamper!!! Half my posts have been with you and I saw someone had proposed on their Pioneer, but I did not realize that was you. Man, I am so happy for you, your bride to be, and the chocolate labs!!! My Pioneer wants to be your ring bearer, but I explained the ring bearer is usually a little guy, so it would have to be a two seater atleast. Seriously, I am very very happy for you and I wish you and your fiancee the absolute most happiness in the world. Congratulations!

btw- NICE ROCK BRO!!!

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks Bugnbrian! Guess you can say the Pioneer was an engagement present to myself!! One of my fiancés favorite things to do is to go out riding and so I thought it was time to upgrade from the Kawasaki mule. And what an upgrade it is!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!