ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That's what i have i don't have many miles on them yet but I'm pretty pleased with them so far can i ask why people said to stay away just wondering because like you said i couldn't find much out about them so i just decided to be the guinea pig and try a set

Well keep us updated on how they do. The guy that told me to stay away is a local guy here that rebuilds and sells shocks. Who knows, he may just be badmouthing them because he doesn't sell them?? I hope they work out good for you.

Reactions: TimG
Jgrind88

Jgrind88

Jul 16, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Well keep us updated on how they do. The guy that told me to stay away is a local guy here that rebuilds and sells shocks. Who knows, he may just be badmouthing them because he doesn't sell them?? I hope they work out good for you.
I'm headed to royal blue in about two weeks for a two day ride so i will know more then I'll report back and let you know how they do

TI722

TI722

Feb 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
Fox might be your best bet. I have Elka ordered but they are on hold until all this crap is over. Hoping they ship May 5. I would spend the extra money for the Stage 3 though and I even went so far as to go with the Stage 4 rear. I know the cost gets up there but nothing good is cheap.

I had the 814 Dominator and was not impressed with them. I'm back to stock now and getting really tired of them but I guess I'll have to make do.

I've had two friends that went the Bandit route. One likes his and hasn't had any trouble. The other had a shock start leaking and Bandit pretty much told him he was SOL. They wouldn't warranty a shock that hadn't been ridden on for at least a month. I s*** you not lol.

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Fox might be your best bet. I have Elka ordered but they are on hold until all this crap is over. Hoping they ship May 5. I would spend the extra money for the Stage 3 though and I even went so far as to go with the Stage 4 rear. I know the cost gets up there but nothing good is cheap.

I had the 814 Dominator and was not impressed with them. I'm back to stock now and getting really tired of them but I guess I'll have to make do.

I've had two friends that went the Bandit route. One likes his and hasn't had any trouble. The other had a shock start leaking and Bandit pretty much told him he was SOL. They wouldn't warranty a shock that hadn't been ridden on for at least a month. I s*** you not lol.
wow, good to know about bandit. Maybe theres a good reason that you don't hear much about them.

I have some foxes coming

Reactions: Biteme and TimG
R

rickoshea

i have the stage 3's coming from ishock.mud season is just about over up here and the trails are starting to dry out and the ruts are getting crusty, so i'm really chomping to get them installed and seeing if the $$ was worth it.

Reactions: Biteme and Mudwing
TI722

TI722

Feb 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
I have the Stage 3 on the front and 4 on the rear. It took a few short rides to make some minor tweaks but we love ours. way better than stock and the other brand we tried.

Reactions: Biteme
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Looking at shock brands. Anyone got any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TI722

TI722

Feb 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
Looking at shock brands. Anyone got any updates?

Can't say enough good things about my Elka. They have definately gotten better with a few miles and some fine tuning. I'm running Stage 3 front and 4 rear. I'm not positive the 4's are necessary for the rear but then again we haven't been to Royal Blue or anything rough yet. That's coming up Aug 20-23. These are head and shoulders above the 814 I had.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Can't say enough good things about my Elka. They have definately gotten better with a few miles and some fine tuning. I'm running Stage 3 front and 4 rear. I'm not positive the 4's are necessary for the rear but then again we haven't been to Royal Blue or anything rough yet. That's coming up Aug 20-23. These are head and shoulders above the 814 I had.

I have plenty of time to do get more updates if you can. I am debating getting a Talon x but I may just upgrade my shocks and a-arms and call it good.

advertisement
Fomocowboy

Fomocowboy

Dec 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It'd be pretty awesome if one of the big money YouTubers would do a comparison of all the aftermarket shocks. There's videos on all of them vs. The stock shocks, but i have yet to see one comparing the aftermarket ones against each other. I know I rode in my cousins teryx a few years back with fox shocks and it rode WAY smoother than my deluxe shocks.

Reactions: Biteme and TimG
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It'd be pretty awesome if one of the big money YouTubers would do a comparison of all the aftermarket shocks. There's videos on all of them vs. The stock shocks, but i have yet to see one comparing the aftermarket ones against each other. I know I rode in my cousins teryx a few years back with fox shocks and it rode WAY smoother than my deluxe shocks.
Honda S x S's don't come with shocks, just things that resemble shocks! HA!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I loved my Elka Stage 4s at RRB last week

Reactions: Biteme and TI722
R

rickoshea

i
I loved my Elka Stage 4s at RRB last week
i'll chime in if i ever get some.mine got hung up in customs on aug. 6 and haven't moved since.i'm battling ishock and ebay trying to get a refund.now i'm starting a dispute with my cc company to bypass them completely.

TI722

TI722

Feb 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
I have plenty of time to do get more updates if you can. I am debating getting a Talon x but I may just upgrade my shocks and a-arms and call it good.

RRB was a success. Elka's worked great. I added a couple of turns to the preload on the front to slow some rubbing down but they preformed great all weekend. I don't think they are quite as good as the Radflo's I had on a different machine but then again they aren't quite as custom. I'm not sure how much better the Stage 4 fronts would have been but I'm quite happy with the 3's on the front and I never touched the 4's on the rear.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
RRB was a success. Elka's worked great. I added a couple of turns to the preload on the front to slow some rubbing down but they preformed great all weekend. I don't think they are quite as good as the Radflo's I had on a different machine but then again they aren't quite as custom. I'm not sure how much better the Stage 4 fronts would have been but I'm quite happy with the 3's on the front and I never touched the 4's on the rear.
Sure like my 5's

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV

Thanks for the feedback but I’m selling the Pioneer and moving to a Talon X. So I may still need suspension advice. Lmao.

Reactions: TI722
E

Ethan

Sep 20, 2018
Tucson
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks for the feedback but I’m selling the Pioneer and moving to a Talon X. So I may still need suspension advice. Lmao.

I finally got my Elka stage 4 and just mounted them up. After telling them all my addition weight , they put 400lb springs on them. I measured them after installing the way they came set up and gained 2 3/4” in front and lost 1/2” in rear with putting on new 28” tires at the same time. They came with rebound set at -15 and compression at -25 and preload collar way down on threads on the rears and almost to the top on the fronts. I still need to install the full skid plates and Viper winch up front to have all my weight factored in before I really try and fine tune them. For those of you that have these what are yours set at front and rear? What lb. springs did they put on yours? Thanks

T

ToothDK87

Sep 16, 2020
MS
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Are the shocks really that bad? I’m about to buy a 21 1000-5 deluxe and this thread makes me hesitant. Are the foxes worth the jump to the LE?

Reactions: TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Are the shocks really that bad? I’m about to buy a 21 1000-5 deluxe and this thread makes me hesitant. Are the foxes worth the jump to the LE?
I came from a 4 wheeler to the 1000-5 so I thought the ride was pretty good. I had never ridden in any other sxs either. I ended up getting the fox shocks a year later and it truly is a lot more comfortable ride. If your coming from a sxs that had decent shock set up, then u will probably hate the ride. If your not, it probably won't be that bad to u. If you're just wanting to upgrade to fox shocks, u can add them to the deluxe for around $1400.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!