Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
u could have the line lock on all 4 wheels 2 wheels one wheel etc. If u had it hidden u could use it while it was warming up or something so it couldn't be stolen for those of u that are lucky and are allowed to ride on the street! (hidden just under the dash easy to get to and hidden. I might do it on mine and so a write up on it!

I would be curious to see how well a line lock works. I've tried one in a Ford Ranger truck, it would leak down after five minutes and the brakes would not hold. I looked everywhere for a fluid leak and could not find it around calipers or the line lock itself.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
No the le
I would be curious to see how well a line lock works. I've tried one in a Ford Ranger truck, it would leak down after five minutes and the brakes would not hold. I looked everywhere for a fluid leak and could not find it around calipers or the line lock itself.
The leak would be internal so no fluid loss! What is happening is the fluid is leaking past the solenoid back into the system just like if u were to release the valve. Have u ever been in a rv or travel trailer when u turn on the water pump it pumps up and stops then lots of them after a few min maybe 10-15 20 min it will kick the pump back on just for a split second because water is leaking back past the pump!! the pressure switch activates the pump just for a second to pump it back up again! In your case your foot is the pump so u flick the switch then when u pump the brakes it then holds the pressure until released. A lot of times people pump brakes way harder than ness so valves start to leak back over time. No need to pump the brake any harder than it would take to hold u on the incline with your foot on the brake. Worst case scenario would be every 5 min go back over and tap the brake but normally it will leak down from high pressure and then stop leaking still leaving u with plenty of pressure to hold the hill. Best thing to do is not to king kong the pedal to begin with and the leaks wont happen. Or every couple years rebuild the solenoid no big deal. Not to mention I would activate the line lock then let the unit settle and throw it in park!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
IF unit was leaking externally it would leak all the time from normal braking as well. It would look like oil residue leaking from a shock most likely. Anything more than that u would be adding fluid all the time and brakes would start to go to floor like a brake line popping.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That was my only experience with a line lock. It kind of burnt me on it, and I wasn't interested in trying another one.

However, that was about 10 years ago. And if there are some good ones out there that work a lot better and are more reliable, I would be willing to try again.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
That was my only experience with a line lock. It kind of burnt me on it, and I wasn't interested in trying another one.

However, that was about 10 years ago. And if there are some good ones out there that work a lot better and are more reliable, I would be willing to try again.
I think if u are trying to use it all the time like a parking brake prob not. But if u want to use it like I would when stuck on a hill and need to hold your position while hooking up a winch thats the way to go. I decided I'm doing it. when I install it I will do a write up on it with pics etc.

Reactions: joeymt33
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I found these red LED license plate lights and thought about adding 1 to my switch panel facing the shifter and such and one somewhere to light the floorboard. Do you think it would work?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHYLPHO/?tag=sxsweb24-20
u would have to face it down maybe...... if u face it up it will glare off of windshield left to right would bother driver or passenger. U have to have it facing down and u don't want to be able to see the light itself only the light it provides. thats why they have recessed lighting in houses.

Reactions: CashMoney
advertisement
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I was thinking about one on the roof facing down but have it mounted in a way u can't see the bulb somehow I have a couple ideas but can't explain

J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
Wareham, MA (near cape cod)
Back to the line lock, Can Am on the outlander, uses a lock on the handlebar lever to lock the brakes, and it holds for days. I once had a truck with a Mico brake lock and it worked like a champ, for years. (An oil delivery truck)

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
well, all we need is handlebars and we are good to go!!!!!

Reactions: JTW
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
can all led's be dimmed?
I think it depends on how they are wired internally. I know some light bars include an extra wire to use for a dimmer circuit and others you can just reduce the power but they will only go to a certain point before they shut completely off. Not as much adjustment as an incandescent bulb.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I found these red LED license plate lights and thought about adding 1 to my switch panel facing the shifter and such and one somewhere to light the floorboard. Do you think it would work?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHYLPHO/?tag=sxsweb24-20
I was thinking about a UV light facing down from the roof and florescent paint on the letters.
That way it wouldn't interfere with your night vision but any deer would see you a mile away.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!