BOX1

If you're coming to AZ to ride in the summer of 2021, don't bother...EDIT: now back open!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
EDIT: Update in post 14.

Fires, both current and those not yet started, have caused the closure of National Forrests in AZ...

Much of AZ is known as what Is called State trust land. Well...now that is being closed as well...
203814395 117194223914063 3942492239232901255 n

Haven't heard about BLM land, but you can bet it won't be far behind. AZ is pretty much closed for a while. The state is burning down...

Last edited:
B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Yes, the fire situation in AZ, and much of the west is very serious. There just aren't enough resources to handle the number of fires. We were within 25 miles of the Rafael fire, which is currently over 24,000 acres, and there are only 121 firefighters working this fire. Although it is frustrating to have the forests and other public lands closed, I think it is the right thing to do. We are caught up in this right now, having to vacate our campsite at Kaibab Lake after 3 nights of our 9 night reservation. We moved down to Prescott Valley to ride in the Prescott NF. They just announced it will be closing on Friday. I hadn't heard about the Trust Lands yet, but it is not surprising. This is going to be a very bad summer.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes, the fire situation in AZ, and much of the west is very serious. There just aren't enough resources to handle the number of fires. We were within 25 miles of the Rafael fire, which is currently over 24,000 acres, and there are only 121 firefighters working this fire. Although it is frustrating to have the forests and other public lands closed, I think it is the right thing to do. We are caught up in this right now, having to vacate our campsite at Kaibab Lake after 3 nights of our 9 night reservation. We moved down to Prescott Valley to ride in the Prescott NF. They just announced it will be closing on Friday. I hadn't heard about the Trust Lands yet, but it is not surprising. This is going to be a very bad summer.
I agree.
It sucks. Riding is my "thing", but this has to be done.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We had it bad a couple of summers ago. Shut the bush down all summer. Never saw the sun for about three months because of the smoke. Going through a heat wave here now and haven't had rain for quite awhile and none in the forecast. Need some heavy rain. All the best to AZ.

IMG 2251

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fires, both current and those not yet started, have caused the closure of National Forrests in AZ...

Much of AZ is known as what Is called State trust land. Well...now that is being closed as well...
View attachment 280211

Haven't heard about BLM land, but you can bet it won't be far behind. AZ is pretty much closed for a while. The state is burning down...
Thanks for sharing sir. It's good to get this information out so people can adjust any plans accordingly. Wish the best to the residents and all those involved.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You get any rain or relief on the heat and fires yet? We are seeing new fires quite often now. Some are getting big. Need rain bad.
It's cooled off a little to the low 100's. I'm about 30 miles s/e of Phoenix and there has only been a few showers here, but the area north where some of the fires are seems to be getting some good showers. Tonight is seemed pretty much all around us but here. Seems like some areas of Utah around having flooding pretty bad.

T

Tony McLane

May 12, 2021
Fort Mohave, AZ. 86426
Ownership

1. Talon R
Fort Mohave/Laughlin area has temps over 112 for the next 10 days. Weather Bug predicts hotter than normal until October. The nights here only get down to mid/low 90s so plan for a HOT summer. Because of NO rain and heavy usage around here, the trails have gotten really chewed up and washed boarded out. Seems as if the dunes are the only semi smooth areas to ride any more.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just an update...sorta...
The areas up in central AZ have gotten good rains for the last week and are rumored to be opening back up in a few days, as is state trust land. I'm waiting to see official announcements to update the OP.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok...looks like everything is back open, or will be soon...albeit under stage 2 fire restrictions.

Good news! Get out and ride! Hope it holds up.

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Ok...looks like everything is back open, or will be soon...albeit under stage 2 fire restrictions.

That is very good news. I hope the opening isn't premature..........

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!