Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been some issues with the search last few months ever since we lost the main search provider.
But.....
I have just finished up some server updates and I am now running my own search server.

Go give it a try and report back any issues.
Try out the improved advanced search as well with several new options.

I still have a few options to add but it currently works.

More on Elasticsearch - Wikipedia

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Tried it a bit and I think it's better for sure.

One thing thats been happening...don't know if it's anything on your side or what...but if I try to search while inside a thread, the search box flashes, and the keyboard on my Android phone flashes up and disappears a few times before finally going away completely. This has been going on a while. I have to search from outside a topic.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tried it a bit and I think it's better for sure.

One thing thats been happening...don't know if it's anything on your side or what...but if I try to search while inside a thread, the search box flashes, and the keyboard on my Android phone flashes up and disappears a few times before finally going away completely. This has been going on a while. I have to search from outside a topic.
see if it does it now that I made these changes this evening.
If yes.
Post the exact link it happens at so I can look at it on several different androids.
Thanks.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
If yes.
Post the exact link it happens at so I can look at it on several different androids.
Thanks.
Yes, still happening.

It's not a link. Let's say while I'm typing this, I hit the magnifying glass up top to search?
The search field opens and flashes a few times. Then I click the field to type in text...the my keyboard rapidly appears and disappears (about 6 times as far as I can count ) before closing again. Can't search from inside this (or any) topic. Have to back out to the topic index to search.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If yes.
Thanks.
Yeah still does it, it's been doing that for a long time. I thought it was just how it was set up. I've always had to click the ⚡ then use the search bar other wise the keyboard just pops up for a sec and disappears like @DG Rider mentioned

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I take that back, I just scrolled up and refreshed the page right before tapping the search bar and it works fine, I think the page has to be refreshed before using the search bar.

......Yup just tried it on a different thread and worked as well 👍
Screenshot 20230326 225708

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I take that back, I just scrolled up and refreshed the page right before tapping the search bar and it works fine, I think the page has to be refreshed before using the search bar.

......Yup just tried it on a different thread and worked as well 👍
Yep. Just fixed on my end as well.👍

G

GolfCart

Mar 4, 2023
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This has fixed the error I was getting when my search was not found (because of a spelling error). Instead of getting an error It now reports that the search didn't find anything.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes, still happening.

It's not a link. Let's say while I'm typing this, I hit the magnifying glass up top to search?
The search field opens and flashes a few times. Then I click the field to type in text...the my keyboard rapidly appears and disappears (about 6 times as far as I can count ) before closing again. Can't search from inside this (or any) topic. Have to back out to the topic index to search.
That's been a persistent issue for me for past few years when using on mobile devices in Chrome. If I close that tab and reopen the forums, I can do my search. I doubt this has anything to do with the forum or its settings but a glitch in the mobile devices browser.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!