P1000 Instrument panel protection

zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sure I'm not the only one whose instrument panel gets dusted over so thick it cannot be seen. I know better than to just wipe the dust, because that will scratch the plastic. After each ride it's a wash, then Plexus and a microfiber towel. Then I can see it for the first 10 miles of the next ride....

Does anyone know of a product or film that I can cover the panel with, wipe it clean as needed, and then occasionally replace it as needed? I'm thinking of the windshield tear offs that NASCAR teams used on their windshields, or something like that. The interim cleaning will be of the film, not the panel. Heck, it might even be a good thing to use to protect the windshield, too.
Thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks
Chuck

Reactions: dotman1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes..
Think about looking at a cell phone screen protector. In fact I did this with my rincon. I should do it on my pioneer also.
Will add this to my list.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Awesome idea!!!

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about a pack of tear-offs the dirt bikers put on their goggles? It looks like they come in different sizes.
ImagesqtbnANd9GcSgGXxG6rcYH7rpJeeLRf2p27UY1M38RIKG7F46RGhNo8jsavLG A
ImagesqtbnANd9GcSWj9g k3qN9j0B1e6iyeCbJXQwpLhpz3NRi3upbFfVuzfiVJoaIQ
ImagesqtbnANd9GcTHsmP uUBAdmchyBGMtMyUuc2J2wcpQDg9 w07eSEx4BPCyPg7BQ

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You could cut them down leave the tag.

Reactions: Stauvo
zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes..
Think about looking at a cell phone screen protector. In fact I did this with my rincon. I should do it on my pioneer also.
Will add this to my list.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Good idea on the phone protector. I've got some inquiries in to tear off manufacturers and I'll report if they report anything promising. It might make sense for the whole windshield.
Chuck

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!