P500 Insulted Tumblers that fit in P500 cup holders

S

Steve_R

Jun 27, 2017
Liberty Township, Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone found any insulated tumblers, preferably stainless steel, that fit in the tiny 2-3/4" diameter cup holders in the P500? If so can you post a link to where you got them? Thx!!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: Wallace
sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone found any insulated tumblers, preferably stainless steel, that fit in the tiny 2-3/4" diameter cup holders in the P500? If so can you post a link to where you got them? Thx!!
IMG 20180621 123313279

This is a Rubbermaid product that slides in works ok.
Cut off the part for the cell phone

Reactions: mrjeff42
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Much better to do the cup holder mod. I used some marine ones, like $7 a piece. It's pretty easy to do.
That’s exactly what these ones I have are! Need a place for the Yeti’s. There fun for all ages!;)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The Roto Zip is a good idea. I have a cordless one and didn't think to use it. Still pretty easy with a utility knife too though.
All I can say for anybody that uses that utility knife is to use a very sharp blade and be very very careful it’s easy on that hard plastic to slip and slides yourself wide open

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
$16.99 for 4, and that’s Canadian, even got a led light to light up your beer at night lol
View attachment 79276

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The led light is cool . The only issue with those is the space in the bottom of the machine pinching the wires not to mention a lot of water in there, My P1 would be a different story, cavernous in there. if one went out it would drive my OCD self nuts lol. If you go that way, I’m interested to see how they hold up?

Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Elliot Lake Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I started this mod tonight and ran into a problem. My new Amarine SS cup holders are 3 1/4" deep. I cut the hole slightly smaller than the cup lip and thought I was good to go. Wrong. I dropped the cup holder in and all was good until I tried to push the thing in deep enough to seat the cup lip against the plastic rim and found it wouldn't go any further. It was hitting the inside of the dashboard where it starts to curve under to clear the passengers legs. I removed the cup drain spout but still no luck. It's too long. Does anyone have a SS cup shorter then mine. I'll spend a little more money to get what will work. TIA

Reactions: SXSHP500CO
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I started this mod tonight and ran into a problem. My new Amarine SS cup holders are 3 1/4" deep. I cut the hole slightly smaller than the cup lip and thought I was good to go. Wrong. I dropped the cup holder in and all was good until I tried to push the thing in deep enough to seat the cup lip against the plastic rim and found it wouldn't go any further. It was hitting the inside of the dashboard where it starts to curve under to clear the passengers legs. I removed the cup drain spout but still no luck. It's too long. Does anyone have a SS cup shorter then mine. I'll spend a little more money to get what will work. TIA

You should be able notch out the lip down there that is interfering. Same on both sides.

GnomeRider

GnomeRider

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
Columbia, MO
Ownership

1. 500
Installed the Amarine cup holders couple of weeks ago. Everything went well except they don't want to stay completely in the hole. The lip of the cup holder radius is a little larger than the radius of the dash.
Has anyone used some kind of adhesive to help keep them in place?

Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Elliot Lake Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Installed the Amarine cup holders couple of weeks ago. Everything went well except they don't want to stay completely in the hole. The lip of the cup holder radius is a little larger than the radius of the dash.
Has anyone used some kind of adhesive to help keep them in place?
I used silicone but had to grind down the back part of the cup lip to drop it into the hole.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I just ran a 3" hole saw down through mine, including removing the bottom. Now my SS mugs fit and sit down nice and deep. Perfect.

Reactions: Remington
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Take a 3" hole saw and drill out the cup holders. And drill down far enough to remove the bottom, then the SS insulated tumblers fit perfect!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!