Insurance

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
SXS insurance (like snowmobile insurance) is state based on size of pool of units. In Midwest there are a lot of units used in farming, so rates are low. My freind in California pays 3 times what i pay in Iowa for similar value unit (Yamaha). Since there are not many snowmobiles in Iowa anymore, we pay 2 to 3 times more than guys in Minnesota with same sled. Irritating but not a lot can do about it. My sled cost 1/2 as much as my Talon, gets used very little, and insurance costs 4 times as much for same limits (& Talon has extra coverage for accessaries)

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Farm Bureau covers all my powersports, decent rates.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I have Progressive on my 16 1000-3. Less than 200/yr.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
For a 2021 700-4, Auto Owners with homeowners at $235/yr.
500 liability. 500 deductible

Reactions: Montecresto
amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have s 17 Rincon and A 2020 1000-5. Pllis 2 high end trailers Aluma and JL Car insurance with USAA. I tried to add my stuff to existing auto policy. Tje rares were astronimical. The agent finally connected me with Progressive. Cheap ins but I dont ride on highways/roads no tag in this state. USAA insurance used to be good. I things some things changed recently and niw its garbage. I had a windshield claim on my MB and they s--t me out of 550.00. Months of fighting to get paid at all. I give them a solid zero. Progressive has some kind if connection with USAA. I jope to hell I never have to file a claim based on my exp with USAA. Progressive and Geico are garbage low buck companies that love to collect premiums and hate to pay vlaims. I plan in changing companies next time out. I have a house on a bartier island in Fla ang Liberty mutual was ine of the few companies that would insure me. Yhey seem to be a good source for difficult to insure scenarios

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We’re with Geico and they’ve been very good at taking care of the machines in the past. So much so that we won’t switch until I see differently. In the body shop they can be a little slow to get back with us but are always good to work with. From my experience at the shop most of the big name companies are easy dealing with, the small ones are a pain. To some degree people get what they are paying for

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Im paying 75 a month through state farm, for full coverage with liability uninsured motorist and all the stuff i need here in Fl to be legal, i have 3 other vehicles with them and my house. And have been there 26 yrs..... 🤬🤬

Kaseygirl

Kaseygirl

Dec 20, 2020
Hunter NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Need to pur insurance on my talon so we can ride on the streets in Tennessee...any ideas BESIDES Progressive on who will insure the Talon ??
I just insured my 2021 pioneer 1000 I used Safeco there Affiliated with Liberty Mutual it’s costing me $161.00 for a year coverage. Thats fire theft & Collision.
Need to pur insurance on my talon so we can ride on the streets in Tennessee...any ideas BESIDES Progressive on who will insure the Talon ??

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!