Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow, now I'm scared to do a pull off with my p700 vs a p500!

Reactions: jawquin
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This will conclude todays physics lesson of the advantages of a geared transmission and driveline vs. pulleys and belts. It's not HOW MUCH HP you have it's how much traction & torque make it to the ground.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
The Pioneer driver has got his act together. I see the extra weight in the back of his 500. weight equals traction. Fun video

Reactions: p500fan
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
That made my Day! Thank you!

Reactions: p500fan
G

Geoff

Apr 25, 2015
Falling Rock,W.V.
This will conclude todays physics lesson of the advantages of a geared transmission and driveline vs. pulleys and belts. It's not HOW MUCH HP you have it's how much traction & torque make it to the ground.
it is so nice to be able to choose the right gear instead of a "dumb" computer telling you what gear you are going to be in, in my p500, I am the computer.

advertisement
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
That video just made my decision. I just bought the p500 last this week. If anyone is impressed with Polaris just test drive the p500 and there is no comparison. You can actually see when you're wheelin. Sitting up and having a blast. I'm so glad I saw this video.
Welcome to the club! Like you, I have to sit up & "see" while riding. I must not be a Jedi, I can't drive using the Force. Ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mrjeff42
COFFEE4PAINT

COFFEE4PAINT

Aug 8, 2015
Upstate NY
instagram.com
Welcome to the club! Like you, I have to sit up & "see" while riding. I must not be a Jedi, I can't drive using the Force. Ha!
I took it out today, and krept through some tight briars and underbrush, I took this thing places I never even attempted with my Honda rancher. It is torquey and so far unstoppable. My buddy on his yamah had to feel backing up to jockey around. This was so much fun I wish everyone in my family had one. They are all fighting to drive it now. Jeeps are great but this is the next big thing!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @COFFEE4PAINT !! glad you found us!!

ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
A rock has Traction but it can't pull?

A rock has traction? I am not sure what your talking about, but the results in the video have nothing to do with torque. The 500 does not have the hp or the torque of the 900. Check out Utube, you will see tug of war pull offs that show smaller, less powerful vehicles pulling back more powerful vehicles in similar tug of war contests. The vehicle with more traction will win.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
A rock has traction? I am not sure what your talking about, but the results in the video have nothing to do with torque. The 500 does not have the hp or the torque of the 900. Check out Utube, you will see tug of war pull offs that show smaller, less powerful vehicles pulling back more powerful vehicles in similar tug of war contests. The vehicle with more traction will win.

So if that P500 just sit there with his brakes locked the RZR 900 couldn't move him? That would be traction. To move another moveable object you would have to have torque and traction combined in order to move the opposing object attempting to move in the opposite direction.

But in truth as it is relevant to the above video the RZR gets it's rear passenger wheel off in the grass and the P500 is firmly planted on the pavement game over for spinning one wheel in the dirt his differential did him in.

Reactions: rocmar
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Even more interesting is the open front diff on the P500 vs the locked front diff on the RZR. The first pull looks like both machines have all 4 tires on pavement to me, the second pull I do see the RZR get off in gravel/grass. Out of curiosity, I would like to see two stock machines try it again on a street or something with obvious equal footing.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!