L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
My wife and I now work remotely from home.
We both need good internet access and unlimited usage.

I haven't yet found a good source for internet at any price other than Huges.

Figured those who travel probably have this figured out and hoping to learn from the experts.
Amy ideas are appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I recently bought into OTR Mobile. We were destroying our data on our cell phone plan on weekends at camp.
After the modem purchase, we are a flat $60 a month for unlimited data on the AT&T towers.
Our current cell plan allows for 20gb of data shared on our 4 lines. We have used 35gb of data on the OTR plan with just 2 weekends of use. We pay $15 per 1gb over on our cell plans, so it is a no brainer for us.

Reactions: L2R and Remington
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
iv been to all 48 contingent states satellite will be your best option for service everywhere. but depending on what cell carrier you have you can do a jet pack for fairly cheap. but its not as fast as satellite it is a bit cheaper and easier though. jet pack is fast enough to stream videos and is more than enough for emails and documents. i have verizon and it has more coverage than any other for digital service. next is att.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: L2R
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I recently bought into OTR Mobile. We were destroying our data on our cell phone plan on weekends at camp.
After the modem purchase, we are a flat $60 a month for unlimited data on the AT&T towers.
Our current cell plan allows for 20gb of data shared on our 4 lines. We have used 35gb of data on the OTR plan with just 2 weekends of use. We pay $15 per 1gb over on our cell plans, so it is a no brainer for us.

If they offered Verizon I’d give them a shot. AT&T won’t work here.

Reactions: JTW and L2R
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
thanks all. good information.
I don't do fb but know some who do (obviously)
I download a lot of 3D modeling and most of the time, I can download at night, ahead of time but once in awhile, I do need instant access,

We have verizon phones and Spectrum internet.
I would switch in a minute even if it doubled the cost if it allowed us the ability to work from the beach or mountains some of the time.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
verizon hotspot from the phones is only 20 extra bucks if you have unlimited plan you can use your phone for it first 20 gb is really fast. after that it slows down a good bit but i use about 50gb + a month on my tablet hot spot at home for my internet for netflix and hulu streaming

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a unlimited plan thru Verizon that costs me 113 a month. I travel for work a lot and often hotspot my phone.

For about $150 you can get a decent cell booster for those areas that have poor to no reception.

Reactions: Alan_Vander

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!