crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi,

Not sure if you saw my write up about the Nebraska National Forest from last week. Would be a fun little trip kind of close to home. I'm in Omaha, and it was about 250 miles from me. 36 miles of trail riding to be had. If camping isn't your style, there are a few motels in Halsey 1 mile away from the National Forest entrance.

Rob

Reactions: EMAW and Blownzuki
C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi,

Not sure if you saw my write up about the Nebraska National Forest from last week. Would be a fun little trip kind of close to home. I'm in Omaha, and it was about 250 miles from me. 36 miles of trail riding to be had. If camping isn't your style, there are a few motels in Halsey 1 mile away from the National Forest entrance.

Rob
I had not seen the update and photos. Looked it up and appears to be a little over 500 miles so probably not a place for me unless a stop over to another destination. Looks like you had good time tho.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Yeah, not worth the trip for you unless you are heading to the Black Hills or need a place to stop over on your way to Colorado.

I'm not aware of anything west of you in Iowa to go riding.

H

Hwysupr

Oct 27, 2015
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4
Hey, glad to see another Hawkeye on here. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Mainly use mine for hunting down south but may join up with you on some of those future trips after the wife retires. Happy riding

Reactions: EMAW
C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey, glad to see another Hawkeye on here. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Mainly use mine for hunting down south but may join up with you on some of those future trips after the wife retires. Happy riding
What part of Iowa are you? I am near Iowa City area. We usually have a good time together as family - seems odd these days, that a family of adults actually get along well enough to vacation together!
I am a few years from retirement myself but doesn't stop me from thinking/dreaming about it haha. Wife says I gotta keep working til Joe gives me FREE healthcare😀

Reactions: Backwoods and EMAW
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Another belated welcome from Ga.

Reactions: Cobber4082
H

Hwysupr

Oct 27, 2015
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4
What part of Iowa are you? I am near Iowa City area. We usually have a good time together as family - seems odd these days, that a family of adults actually get along well enough to vacation together!
I am a few years from retirement myself but doesn't stop me from thinking/dreaming about it haha. Wife says I gotta keep working til Joe gives me FREE healthcare😀
I'm on the western edge south of Glenwood.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!