Intro from the Hawkeye State

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got around to paying some dues to the club that has been a great resource... Looking back I became a member in 2019 and sponged until now. sorry everybody.
The purchase of the P1K5 has been an expensive hobby to say the least. It has caused me to buy all the accessories to do it up right (according to what you all say is MUST haves ) Then I needed a trailer to haul it - $8k more, then I needed a bigger truck to haul the trailer $alotk more, trailer now needs windows, a/c, insulation etc... sheesh I should have stayed away haha. All worth it in the end as it has allowed countless hours of family time. So far we have had 2 week long Colorado trips, Several Wisconsin weekends, and a West Virginia HMT trip -loving every minute! Ain't Chit to ride in Iowa.
Looks like we are tenatively headed Mulberry/Mill Creek first week of November then put it away for the year.

Pics are cumberland pass this last summer - we spent 10 days around Marble, Pitkin, Taylor Park
Other pic is the pioneer doing its overheat trick in between Silverton and Lake City in 2020

Thanks for letting me lurk @Hondasxs
Cumberland pass 2021
Pioneer doing its thing

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool: I just rode from St. Elmo, Tin Cup Pass, Tin Cup, Cumberland Pass, Pitkin, Hancock Pass and back to St. Elmo a couple of weeks ago.

There were a bunch of SxSs at the sign so I didn't get a shot of the buggy with it. 😢

That 47 mile loop looked like this, St. Elmo being at top, right of center (under Record).

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Tennessee! Thanks for sharing… the spending will not really ever stop!

#NTC
Fortunately wife is supportive of this hobby! She was a little like let's just rent for a couple of times to make sure we like it. Can't remember which trip was first but it was going to be like $2 grand for rental and your on the hook for damage, possible loss of rental income etc..... We bought! 😀

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Howdy from Oklahoma, and welcome to the club. I agree with you that family and friend time together, is one of the biggest pleasures of this hobby.
My folks are over 80 years and have driven their can am defender with us and another brother and his can am- definitely created extra memories for them and us. The pitkin, tin cup trip was a little rough for their liking

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool: I just rode from St. Elmo, Tin Cup Pass, Tin Cup, Cumberland Pass, Pitkin, Hancock Pass and back to St. Elmo a couple of weeks ago.

There were a bunch of SxSs at the sign so I didn't get a shot of the buggy with it. 😢
View attachment 299122

That 47 mile loop looked like this, St. Elmo being at top, right of center (under Record).
View attachment 299124
Cant remember for sure but think it was Hancock pass area that was sketchy when we were there. Trail closure barricades had been tossed aside of trail. Didn't know what we were getting into -hindsight should have turned back haha my folks said hey we did the devils punch bowl how bad could it be! Good times.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Cant remember for sure but think it was Hancock pass area that was sketchy when we were there. Trail closure barricades had been tossed aside of trail. Didn't know what we were getting into -hindsight should have turned back haha my folks said hey we did the devils punch bowl how bad could it be! Good times.
Hancock Pass is a rocky SOB. :oops: Iffn your folks rode it, even partially, they're some tough ole birds. #nutheroleguybutnot80ole

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan!

Your from where Rush would say
“The Hawkeye Cauceye” my fellow Rush babies would get that!

Been to the area your pics are from, love that place.

Last edited:
C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Russville to Hotsprings on 7 you would love
yup for sure good road. My Concours owners group is hosting their National in 2022 at Eureka Springs so will be all over the area again. Unfortunately it will be hot/humid as hell in June probably.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!