Z

ZPIONEER10005

Feb 29, 2024
North AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my intro.

I have recentlry purchased a 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 LE

When purchased, it already had 4" 15% SATV portals |14"x 7" SB-4 bronze wheels with 4+3 offset | TTC 0" front and rear A arms.

I am wanting to try 15" wheels with either 5+2 offset or 6+1 offset. From everythign I have read on portals and reccomendations I know this is not reccommended. I would prefer to go to 6+1 but I am currently measuring 1 1/2" from the back of the wheel to the portal mounting plate. This being said that woudl leave me with the 5+2 offset, leaving 1/2" between the wheel and the portal mounting plate.

My question is, has anyone experimented with 5+2 or 6+1 offset wheels with 4" portals to see if they will work?

Z

ZPIONEER10005

Feb 29, 2024
North AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The "Machine"

20240225 160258

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Currenlty the Machine is running 32 x 10 x 14 pro armor crawlers.

I will be using the machine for hunting. Duck hunting flooded rice fields as well as general hunting and work.
Dont forget to hit the “reply” when responding so that person gets a notice like u did😉 little forum help/advise

How deep are your fields? Reason I ask is that people that get portals are either liking the GDog look or they swamp bog. Portaols tend to give problems in the long and short runs. So trying to justify if u truly need them of not? If you will be ass and elbows deep in them fields then I can see it. I hunt in some swamps but not to cover the floorboards, water intrusion at times yes, arched arms, my 30’s and some preload on the shocks is enough. I have a 0 offset tire same size all the way around and I use @RB3offroad wide track bundle for spacers that correct the track of the rig. Buy once cry once and work smarter not harder also.

Who makes your portals and arms help in your questions as well cuz they all are not created equal. Another reason we like pics😉

Z

ZPIONEER10005

Feb 29, 2024
North AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good the way it is!
Not very big portals to me. At least from the pic. Looks like u can achieve that with preload and maybe a little taller tire.

This is mine. Its a 16

Good looking machine Remington.

Some of the spots we get to have 30" + of water

I like that my machine has a 15% gear reduction with the portals. They are 4" by SATV.

I do not like how wide they make the machine.

Z

ZPIONEER10005

Feb 29, 2024
North AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good looking machine Remington.

Some of the spots we get to have 30" + of water

I like that my machine has a 15% gear reduction with the portals. They are 4" by SATV.

I do not like how wide they make the machine.
Also my machine has a decent bit of preload on it currently. I am waiting on my spanner wrenches to arrive and then i will be reducing the preload to bring the overall height of the machine down as much as I can.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
You're cutting it awful close with a 6-1 offset. Even with 15" wheels. I'm betting you can get away with it, but you won't have any room to spare...and you'll really need to watch where your brake lines are ran. Make sure they are out of the way. Test full turn and full drop and compression after adding the wheels.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is my intro.

I have recentlry purchased a 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 LE

When purchased, it already had 4" 15% SATV portals |14"x 7" SB-4 bronze wheels with 4+3 offset | TTC 0" front and rear A arms.

I am wanting to try 15" wheels with either 5+2 offset or 6+1 offset. From everythign I have read on portals and reccomendations I know this is not reccommended. I would prefer to go to 6+1 but I am currently measuring 1 1/2" from the back of the wheel to the portal mounting plate. This being said that woudl leave me with the 5+2 offset, leaving 1/2" between the wheel and the portal mounting plate.

My question is, has anyone experimented with 5+2 or 6+1 offset wheels with 4" portals to see if they will work?
I know people using 5+2 on 14 inch rimes. They are the single idler version.

Z

ZPIONEER10005

Feb 29, 2024
North AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I have decided to go forward with a set of 15x7 / 6+1 wheels to see how it works. I found others running 4" portals with 6+1 offset on razrs as well as 1 individual on facebook with a Pioneer 1000.

Once installed I will post pics

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!