Is something wrong with this picture?

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are 3 bays in my parents' garage. Currently, we have Dad's Foreman on the end, Mom's Rav4 in the middle and my Pioneer and newly acquired CRF 450 in the far bay.

Some might say the issue is that we have 3 toys in the garage and 1 car, but I think the real travesty is that mom is sporting that burgandy ride instead of a bright red machine!

IMG 20190222 185639921

On a serious note- we might have a Honda problem :oops:

Anyone else's garage look like this? :cool:

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As long as mom as a parking spot I think she will stay fairly happy.

My Pioneer currently fills my 1 bay garage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LOL truth be told I bought the Pioneer as much for her as anyone. Easier to drag her out to the trails and make it a family venture when she can chat along the way.

That being said: now that she has a little taste of off-roading, shes been eyeballing a Pioneer 500 of her own.

As I get older its become more difficult to cost my father money, but I strive to keep coming up with new and creative ideas :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If I had a garage it would look like that. Instead we have one Honda on the porch, one in the back shed three in the lean-to,Honda genny and pressure washer in the house and a Yami and another Honda outside. We could use a proper garage!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That
LOL truth be told I bought the Pioneer as much for her as anyone. Easier to drag her out to the trails and make it a family venture when she can chat along the way.

That being said: now that she has a little taste of off-roading, shes been eyeballing a Pioneer 500 of her own.

As I get older its become more difficult to cost my father money, but I strive to keep coming up with new and creative ideas :D
That's how they stay young!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If I had a garage it would look like that. Instead we have one Honda on the porch, one in the back shed three in the lean-to,Honda genny and pressure washer in the house and a Yami and another Honda outside. We could use a proper garage!
Well it's seems like a proper garage raising is in order! HA! Summer after next?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well it's seems like a proper garage raising is in order! HA! Summer after next?
The most affordable I've seen are the Yuntzy barns all wood with metal siding and roofing and with some insulation. all you need is a slab with a 1.5 inch sheet metal notch. Call them first before you pour slab. There nice.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Look them up, bet you will be surprised!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are 3 bays in my parents' garage. Currently, we have Dad's Foreman on the end, Mom's Rav4 in the middle and my Pioneer and newly acquired CRF 450 in the far bay.

On a serious note- we might have a Honda problem :oops:

Anyone else's garage look like this? :cool:
Is the 450 an X or an R?

Garage, NO ...... shop, oh yeah. With a Pioneer, Rubicon, Rincon, and modified electric Club Car for hunting. There was a CRF450X there, before I loaned it to my son and then it was stolen.

Reactions: dnjones161
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the 450 an X or an R?

Garage, NO ...... shop, oh yeah. With a Pioneer, Rubicon, Rincon, and modified electric Club Car for hunting. There was a CRF450X there, before I loaned it to my son and then it was stolen.

It's an R. I was looking for an X, or honestly am XR, but came across this and it was really clean and priced reasonably so I pulled the trigger.

I have a bad habit of being more concerned about making a good buy than buying EXACTLY what I want. Pretty easily modified tho I guess.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's an R. I was looking for an X, or honestly am XR, but came across this and it was really clean and priced reasonably so I pulled the trigger.

I have a bad habit of being more concerned about making a good buy than buying EXACTLY what I want. Pretty easily modified tho I guess.
Hey so how you liking that bad boy?

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey so how you liking that bad boy?

We will find out this afternoon/tomorrow maybe. I just got it last week at auction, so I wanted to make sure all fluids came out and got replaced before I put any time on it. Worried someone got their toy repoed and said screw this- put sugar in the tank or something. After finishing the oil yesterday, I think it's very possible I just did the break in service. She's pretty clean.

First fuel injected bike I've owned- not having to worry about the gas on/off is nice. Unsure what to make of the mapping button- doubt I ride hard enough to worry about it.

Love the feeling of being back in the saddle though. We really started getting back into riding on some old TRX 300s we have had forever a few years ago. When Dad picked up a 17 Foreman, I thought it was nice but always said it didn't do much more for me than the JD gator we had. You couldn't throw it around like the little TRX. Kinda thought the Pioneer was priority for group riding and house work, and then if I ever got another machine it would be a bike for those times that I needed a little more aggressive ride. Think will definitely check that box :eek:

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We will find out this afternoon/tomorrow maybe. I just got it last week at auction, so I wanted to make sure all fluids came out and got replaced before I put any time on it. Worried someone got their toy repoed and said screw this- put sugar in the tank or something. After finishing the oil yesterday, I think it's very possible I just did the break in service. She's pretty clean.

First fuel injected bike I've owned- not having to worry about the gas on/off is nice. Unsure what to make of the mapping button- doubt I ride hard enough to worry about it.

Love the feeling of being back in the saddle though. We really started getting back into riding on some old TRX 300s we have had forever a few years ago. When Dad picked up a 17 Foreman, I thought it was nice but always said it didn't do much more for me than the JD gator we had. You couldn't throw it around like the little TRX. Kinda thought the Pioneer was priority for group riding and house work, and then if I ever got another machine it would be a bike for those times that I needed a little more aggressive ride. Think will definitely check that box :eek:
Update: quick trial on the "mild" map and the "standard" map.

If y'all need to know what the aggressive map is like, you are gonna have to ask someone else. Yikes...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!