BOX1

Is something wrong with this picture?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update: quick trial on the "mild" map and the "standard" map.

If y'all need to know what the aggressive map is like, you are gonna have to ask someone else. Yikes...
That 'mapping' must be something new. The first gen. model I had did not have that, but it was NEVER short on power. For woods riding you could put it in 3rd and lug it down without shifting or open it up till the woods began to blur.

What kind of auction did you buy it from ...... bikes/atv, or general wholesale vehicle auction. Did it require dealer license?

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That 'mapping' must be something new. The first gen. model I had did not have that, but it was NEVER short on power. For woods riding you could put it in 3rd and lug it down without shifting or open it up till the woods began to blur.

What kind of auction did you buy it from ...... bikes/atv, or general wholesale vehicle auction. Did it require dealer license?
Yep, my 07 didn't have that. It had to be after EFI... Which was 2010 maybe? I thought it was gonna be kind of gimmicky when I read about it, but there is a definite difference.

It was from a powersports specific auction, and you do have to have a dealers licence to buy there. Dad used to buy a four-wheeler once in awhile from a car auction in Cincinnati that did Honda Financial repo units once a quarter. A couple of years ago he asked somebody where the auction went because he hadn't seen powersports sale for a while and they told him Honda took their stuff to this place.

You definitely can't make as good a buy as you could at a car auction, but if I see something I really want, I figure it's all dealers so it's still gotta be a grand or so behind retail. I've also seen things bring retail money, so I'm sure I'm not the only guy taking that approach.

I've watched several clean 2016/2017 Pioneer 1000-5s bring 13-14k which blows my mind. I ended up buying new after watching the auction for about 6 months. They just hold their value like crazy I guess.

Reactions: BigOL3
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to build a shed, our garage houses the pioneer, four wheeler, both mowers, pressure washer, generator, chainsaws, etc. Never enough room.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!